one.

M I S T A K E

C H A P T E R O N E
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

DETECTIVE, LEE CHEONGSAN

At this moment, I was behind the car of a criminal, the most wanted criminal in fact. Lee Su-hyeok, he's wanted for over 1 million won. For some reason, all the fucking cops never catch him, he's too "fast" for them. I wasn't going for that, I'd be the one to catch him.

"Detective, you're going too fast.", my partner says

"Wu-jin, we need to catch this guy! We can't let him get away!", I practically yell.

I saw Wu-jin jump a little, my yelling startled him.

"B-but, sir-"

"No buts, just trust me."

After I said that, Wu-jin went quiet. I guess he decided to go with my plan, I wanted to catch this fool.

I accelerated, making the car go even faster. I was THIS close to catching up to him, I was almost on his bumper. But, when I thought I had him, he disappeared. The hit the brakes, making us jolt forward. My partner looked at me, waiting for my reaction.

"FUCK!", I say, literally punching the horn on my steering wheel.

I drive back to the office, angry as ever. I was so close to catching him! Does he fucking use magic to disappear when we're close to him?! I just wanted the fucking money, to be honest. But, I also wanted to catch him so I could get promoted. This was the HARDEST criminal to catch, and I hated him.

I parked my car in front of the police station, running my hands through my hair.

"Are you okay, Mr. Lee?"

I sigh before answering, "Yes, I'm okay. We'll catch him next time, right?"

My partner smiles and nods at me. I return the smile before I take my seatbelt off.

I grab my papers and get out the car, heading to the police station doors. Once I opened the door, I was greeted by Choi Nam-ra.

"Hello, detective cheong-san.", she says, bowing.

I bow back, "Hello, Ms. Choi."

"How did it go? Did you catch him?", she asks

I get angry again just thinking about it, "No, he got away again."

Nam-ra sighs, looking away from me. She shakes her head, "Mr.Lee, we have to catch him."

"Choi, I been knew that. It's hard to catch him, it's not easy!", I say.

Nam-ra nods, walking away from me. Yes, I was disappointed in myself, I always feel this way after losing. I really, really, really wanted to catch Lee Su-hyeok. But, it was so hard.

I report back to my office, seeing what paperwork I have to do. Before I head home, I finish up some unfinished paperwork. It wasn't exactly unfinished but I had to edit it, I didn't want to sound stupid

"Hello, Mr. Lee.", Ms. Nayeon said.

I look up from my computer to see Ms. Nayeon. I get up and bow, then sit back down.

"How did the drive go?", she asks.

I sigh, "I didn't catch him."

"I knew you'd say that. I have an idea.", she states.

Now she has my attention.

"Since Su-hyeok is connected with other criminals, how about you go uncover."

"Wait, what?"

-ARIES
WORD COUNT: 553