a story ig

Brian hadn't eaten anything for breakfast. It had quickly become a very uneventful day. The meeting felt like it had gone on for months, years even. Trapped here. Nothing to do really. Awfully tiring. The day same as any other had gone quite slow. Past each and every person. It was strange. The same shade of grey, each and every day. The clouds not clouds but smoke. The buildings high and mighty, while the ants below left to ponder. To work, to home, to lunch, to work. Each person said the same thing over and over. "Give me my order!" "Where's my muffin?" "free papers!" " oh I forgot!" the cars would honk the boats would hum. The trains would whirr and Brian, well Brian was ... Brian.

It was a Wednesday. The bird had decided to sing. Were the birds ever there? The roommate, annoying as usual. Brian then headed out to his work. This Wednesday was different. He could have sworn he saw some shades of green. And blue in the sky maybe...

It started to rain. As he rushed past the oncoming traffic all he saw was a rush of blue before he fell out the sidewalk. The sight was blurry. All he really remembered was that bright flash of blue.

He woke up. But it was different. It wasn't a bed. it was a couch.

"Oh so you are finally awake." The voice. Sounded familiar. But he couldn't quite picture the face.

"Here have this" the stranger handed Brian a hot cup of tea.

"Who are you?" asked Brian.

"Oh? You don't know me? Try the Saturday where you went to the Cottage Cafe." The stranger replied.

"Hm. I still don't remember you" Brain said puzzled.

" Well my name is Mark. Nice to meet you." Mark did sound familiar.

"The names' Brian." The world was clear now, not blurry anymore. Brian looked up to find mark packing up his tea. Mark then turned around to find Brian staring at him.

"Is ... is everything ok?" Mark said.

"Oh? OH. Ah yes its fine." Brian said trying not to blush.

"Well that's good". Replied Mark.

This Thursday was much brighter. It seems that the world has suddenly been attacked by artists. Colour here. Colour there. Its like the world feels anew. Going to work Brian realised the word did change. But in the strangest way. There were no blues, there were no greens. It all went red. It was on tv, the news, the bill boards, the posters. The world suddenly did feel right. The giant star flew over the city leaving spores to then feast on the world.

In the café Mark had started to head home after the lockdown was suddenly announced. He looked outside the spores hadn't made it here yet. He decided to race home. Dashing though the oncoming traffic filled with fleeing people. His house wasn't far, but it felt like ages. Finally home. The key. He had left his key in the café. Without any time to think a spore, it had landed on him. Mark had frozen. He the collapsed struggling for air the bright blue of his wings had changed into a dark crimson red. He froze. Now only at the command of the star.

Brian had made it to the café. The owner, Lady Eve, had told Brian that Mark had already headed home. The window was covered in spores. Brian noticed an umbrella next to the door. It was a large, red, shiny umbrella. Maybe, just maybe he could make it to Mark. Brian sprinted outside trying to catch a glimpse of the bright blue. Nowhere, he wasn't anywhere. Suddenly, Brian had been swept into the air. He was now flying. It was one of them. The corrupted, but it wasn't just anyone. It was Mark.

Back at the café, Lady Eve tried to find a place to hide. Her children, Enoki and Momo, had never been this scared. There was one spot but only her kids would fit. She hid them in there. CRASH. The spores had broken the window. Lady Eve had closed the door shut. The spores came in like a flock of sparrows. Before Eve could turn around the spores had already touched her. Now at the mercy of the stars Eve had now gone with the star. Enoki and Momo had held their breath while the plague had left the café. Only knowing the mother was gone.

Mark had taken Brian to the Star. Brian noticed lots of people had been taken by the star. They had now landed on a platform. Guided by Mark, Brian had been taken into somewhat of a throne room.

'Why am I here?' Brian said slowly.

'Don't you know its rude to speak before your Queen.' A voice. Out of nowhere.

'Remember me?' It was the leader. The Mother Star.

'But- I thought you were dead!" Brian yelled.

'Well you thought wrong.' The Star said slyly.

'Mark please. You have to listen to me. You need to get out of here!' Brian said shaking Mark. There was no response only the still frozen servant of the Star.

'Can't you see? He is mine now.' The Star laughed.

'YOU CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN.' Brian yelled at the Star, only to be pushed back by some guards.

'Ugh- Brian is that you?' It was Mark.

'Yes. YES. It's me! Please you have to get out of here!' Brian rushed to Mark.

The expression was still blank. Was this it? It could be.

Back at the café Enoki had found a new place to hide before the spores found out where they were. Momo was unsure about what to do, Enoki ensured him that he would fine. Though out the mess of the city the siblings ran though the city. Looking for survivors, finding supplies, for they did not know when this plague would be over. More people were found. Yet more have been taken.

The Star hadn't moved ever since Brian had been taken up to the star. Though it had often shook due to the damage it had been taking from the military. But then they soon noticed that the only way to destroy it was to get it from the inside, though the only one inside who had resisted the spores was Brian. Brian had now tried fighting the star for 84 days and nights.

'You don't have to do this' Brian said out of breath.

'Oh but I must' the Star had replied.

Brian had tired out from fighting the star. He had lost almost everything. His friend. His family, his love and now his home. Tired and broken Brian had almost given in to the spores covering his body. Mark had finally broken away from the spores, only to find Brian laying on the floor about to give in to the spores.

Mark had only broken away for a while the red had started to take back the beautiful blue of his wings. Brian was close, too close to losing himself to the spores, Brian then instead took the spores from Mark and then he gave in. Brian had now become part of the spores, but in a different way. He indeed had the spores, but he was still in control. Now with the information from the star he now knew where everything was, the weapons, the collection and now even the core.

'I know what to do now' Brian said after the long silence.

'I do too but you won't get there' the Star replied.

Two guards then blocked the entrance to the hallways.

'Says who?' Brian replied right before sprinting towards the hallways, straight past the guards.

Brian had now gone though each and every room in this Star. At last he found ... the exit. Brian could leave. He could leave all of this behind. There was nothing holding him back. It was so temping but yet he decided to continue and find the core. A few rooms down it was there it was. It was a large heart shaped mess. A large glowing red looking like it was almost frozen in ice. It was dying. This wasn't a star. It was a planet. A broken planet at that. Brian didn't know that it was like this. He could save this planet keep it living. Keep it thriving. He could save this. But the hosts, the lives it has taken, it was too late.