dying stars.

DYING STARS.
❛I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other.❜

Frankenstein, Mary Shelley

― cassiopeia fawley

children were supposed to be children ― not objects modeled after puppets, with strings tugged and yanked and snapped by adults they trusted. they were not supposed to become pawns in a war that they had no desire to fight in, nor were they supposed to become servants of one so dark that most sane wizards refused to speak the name of. they were supposed to enjoy the life that their parents set out for them, to be able to choose, to be able to really live. they were not supposed to be cast out on the battlefield, wands raised as they stared out at their enemies blankly. they were not supposed to watch their fellow muggle-borns and half-bloods drop one by one, or be the cause of various death eaters' reigns to finally end.

cassiopeia never truly knew what it was like to be a child. she spent the majority of her life toeing the line between being human and monster, taking all kinds of potions to make herself more lucid in her nights of agony ― relying heavily on other kinds to get her through her daily life without the deterioration of her body.

now, she's been shoved into a wicked game of wizard chess, where she is continuously being controlled by both her parents and her once trusted hogwarts' headmaster.

sirius black has broken away from his parents in effort to escape being a tool in the first wizard of war ― and he vows to help cassiopeia gain her freedom.

SAMANTHA LOGAN as CASSIOPEIA FAWLEY

working for dumbledore isn't as black and white as you think it is, sirius. you need to stay out of it.❜

DEAKEN BLUMAN as SIRIUS BLACK

cass, if i can ensure your safety by joining his order, i would do it in a heartbeat. i would do anything for you.❜

―  additional cast ― dev patel as james pottermatthew hitt as remus lupinfionn o'shea as peter pettigrewbree kish as lily evansdiuto ajoku as dorcas meadowsbeatrice laus as marlene mckinnonaimee loud wood as mary macdonalddaisy edgar jones as alic...

dev patel as james potter
matthew hitt as remus lupin
fionn o'shea as peter pettigrew
bree kish as lily evans
diuto ajoku as dorcas meadows
beatrice laus as marlene mckinnon
aimee loud wood as mary macdonald
daisy edgar jones as alice fortescue
kim young-kwang as frank longbottom
skandar keynes as regulus black
rory culkin as severus snape
hunter parish as michael mcdonnell
gus drake as beck rogers
holland roden as lyra avery
teresa palmer as cheyanne burke

―  content warning ―
! ! ! this story contains depictions of gore and violence, especially that fitting of the wizarding world leading up to the first war. as well as fitting for that of a werewolf hybrid. there will also be an inclusion of strong language, various types of abuse, and indication of hate from jkr's death eater groups. this story is marked as mature for these reasons and should be read with caution ! ! !

― author's note ―
like my other fanfictions, i do not own any of the characters seen throughout the concerned universe. the faceclaims i have found to use for the characters are open for anyone to take; i do not claim sole ownership of the characters that appear in the franchise that also appear within this book. this book takes place solely in an alternate universe. there are some original characters within this book, such as cassiopeia fawley, michael mcdonnell, and other friends/students at odds with them that do not appear within the original book franchise, that i do take claim to.