37'

I had been laying in bed for the last few hours. It was finally night time and the house was quiet. After I had left out of the basement it took me a while to pull myself together but when I finally did I headed up the stairs and took a shower. After which I climbed in bed and haven't left it sense.

I didn't know where Czar was, I hadn't heard him and didn't want to leave the room to check up on him. I felt numb and powerless, drained. I grabbed my phone off of the night stand and looked through the photos my mother had sent me while my family was away on vacation. I sent here a goodnight text, telling her that I loved her and missed and hopefully I would visit soon.

hopefully.

I heard the door open and I placed my phone down and looked up. It was only Czar, his eyes had bags under them and he looked stressed. He walked towards the bathroom and didn't say anything as he shut the door behind him. He started the shower and I sunk further into bed and sighed heavily as I rolled over to my side. 

I wondered how different my life would be right now if I hadn't come home college. If I would've just stayed away. Or if my dad didn't gamble so much, maybe I would be in a different situation. Maybe I wouldn't be so scared to lose my life to a guy I hardly knew. 

A part of me felt bad for Liam, for all he experienced and what he had gone through at such a young age. However, I still couldn't believe he was willing to take my life to get back at Czar. I felt like a pawn in their petty game. I deserved more than this. I deserved to be happy and to live my life to the fullest and to be able to go out into public without worrying about anyone trying to harm me.

The shower stopped. 

I pulled the sheet over my head and pretended to be asleep when I heard the door open. I could hear Czar walking around the room, I assumed he was getting dressed.

Finally, I felt the bed dip and he sighed as he got under the sheets. 

"I know you're awake." He said as he pulled the sheets off of my head. 

"I wish I wasn't" I sighed.

"What's on your mind?" He asked me, his blue eyes wide and alert.

"He's going to kill me Czar, he's going to kill us all." I said without looking at him.

"I won't let that happen."

"How are you supposed to stop him when we can't even figure out where he is?" I asked.

Czar didn't say anything, instead he just wrapped his arm around my waist and brought me closer to his chest.

"I was always so afraid to get close to someone. To allow myself to fall in love or to even feel live. For this exact reason. I hate to admit it Zariah, but if something was to happen to you because of me I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

I turned so that I was facing him and placed a hand upon his cheek. "What are we going to do?"

"We're going to get to him before he gets to us." He said. "Tomorrow morning we're taking Annika to Alina."

"But Liam will follow her." I said.

"That's the point, we'll get him right where we want him, and we end this, for good."  Czar explained. "And after this is all done, if you wish to no longer be married to me....I will allow for you to leave."

"Really?" I asked in shock.

"Yes really, I know I'm not what you pictured your future husband to be. And I can't force you to love me, and no matter how much I care for you I know that you may never be able to return those feelings."

I had nothing to say, was Czar telling me that he loved me? Did I love him back? Did I want to love him back? He was offerering me my freedom, was I going to throw it all away? Did I really want to take that chance?

I didn't know what to say or what to do so instead I closed my eyes and turned back on my side. Czar brought me back to his chest and placed a kiss on the back of my head. He mumbled something under his breathe but I couldn't make out the words. His hands gently grazed up and down my thigh and I grew tired. 

"I'll do whatever it takes." he said in my ear.

Eventually I allowed for sleep to over take me and that night I dreamed about a blue eyed child.

~*~

Here is another update, short and sweet. My goal is to have chapter 40 posted by the end of this week so next week I can work on the last ten chapter of this book. No, this book will not be turned into a series I do have a new Series out at the moment called the "Sinful" series.  I want to really focus on that series for just a while before I start any other books. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I hope you all peeped the foreshadowing. I'm kinda sad that the series will be coming to an end soon I love Zariah and Czar. Don't forget to comment, vote, share and follow. Until next time my lovelies!!!