Creature of the Shadows

The darkness of the room seemed to make my body shiver with indescribable terror. I felt the blood running a hundred miles per hour in my thumping heart. A soft ringing chimed in my ears causing me to look around with suspicion.

This wasn't normal darkness.

I could feel the tension throughout my bones causing me to look like the hunchback of Notre Dame. A soft cry left my quivering lips as I saw the dead corpse on the floor. Claw marks were painted through the tattered fabric of the red shirt. My eyes nearly fell out their sockets as I examined the corpse.

This couldn't be!

A lie....a nightmare.....anything but real.

That pale, dead corpse was me.

My choppy hair smothered in thick, crimson blood. My pale skin pulled back like present on Christmas. The sight of my cut up corpse seemed to cause my stomach to fall down a never ending pit. I wanted to sob and fall to my knees, but my body stayed in its place - paralyzed.

How could this be happening?

A million doubts ran through my galloping thoughts. With trembling fingers, I reached out to touch the lifeless corpse. My frost-like breath seemed to hitch as I traced the peeled back layers of my skin. The silence engulfed my body causing my fears to increase.

The dank,dark room seemed to spin uncontrollably as the corpse laid there. My head snapped towards the creaking sound of the floorboard. That long,spine-shivering creak cause my pulse to race even faster.

"Who is there?" I whispered stupidly,not expecting an answer.

A snake-like tongue slithered from the darkness. A tall dark figure that resembled a canine slowly crept out the blackness. Claws as sharp as a butchers knife scraped against the wooden floors.

"Stay....away..." I managed to squeak.

It launched at my corpse like it hasn't ate in days. Those long,black claws dug into my flesh ripping out whatever it could. Those fangs pierced my arms, forcing them off my corpse's body. I watched in terror as that thing fed on my corpse like it was a midnight snack.

With a ear screeching scream, darkness engulfed me as the thing dismembered my body.

Like. Comment. Follow.

(Tell me what you thought. If you dont mind. I worked really hard on this stort! Thank you guys)