Part 2 - Chapter 12

Today was the big day. The day Toman and Valhalla would fight.

I had a feeling I needed to go to that fight. The only problem was that no one knew where it would take place. The location was kept a secret to avoid attracting a crowd of watchers and to avoid drawing the police's attention. But I had come up with a plan, although I wasn't sure it would work.

At school, I was walking down the hallway when I saw Rindou. Target acquired.

I had told him I couldn't go to our date yesterday without telling him that it was because I was going on a double date with Hanma, Kisaki, and Hina. He had asked me if he could take me on a date tomorrow and I had accepted.

But now my plans had changed...

I approached him with a big smile while he was retrieving a book from his locker. "Hey, Rindou."

"Hey." He greeted me back, the corner of his lips tipping up, but then his eyes narrowed when he noticed my suspiciously wide grin. "What's up with you?"

Shit, I need to tone it down if I don't want to look suspicious. "Nothing, nothing."

"Hmmm." He hummed, unconvinced, but to my relief, he changed the subject. "So about our date tomorrow, I already thought of where we could go-"

"Actually," I interrupted him. "I won't be free tomorrow. But I'm free today after school."

"I'm not." He scratched the back of his neck, disappointed. "There's a fight between Toman and Valhalla and I have to go."

I know.

"Oh..." I feigned surprise, then straightened up with an even bigger smile. "I could go with you."

His brows furrowed together. "To the fight?"

"Uh uh." I nodded excitedly.

"You want our first date to be at a gang fight where your ex will be fighting?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well, it's not like I'll be rooting for Mikey." I replied.

Rindou shook his head, turning back to his locker. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because I would never take to a place like that."

"Why?"

"It's too dangerous."

"Please." I begged, placing my hand on his arm to make him look at me. Mustering my best puppy eyes, I peeked up at him through my eyelashes.

But instead of softening, his gaze darkened. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" I feigned innocence.

He grabbed my chin and squeezed my cheeks together before leaning down until our lips were inches away. "Give me those eyes. It does make me want to do something to you, but it doesn't make me want to take you to the fight." He let go of me and leaned back up, turning to his locker again.

"Please, Rindou." I begged again.

"No. I'm not taking you there."

"Take her where?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin at Ran's voice from behind me, and I whirled around to face him. He was staring down at me with his usual lazy grin.

"To Toman and Valhalla's fight." Rindou answered his question.

Ran flicked a quick gaze at his brother before looking down at me again, his grin widening. "I can take you there."

"No, you can't." Rindou bit out. He grabbed my arm to pull me closer to him and away from his brother.