Vacation Island

Vacation Island, it's a rumor that parents tell their kids. "If you're being naughty you will never get a chance to visit Vacation Island," Children would be excited for the chance to visit Vacation Island, they would talk about it all the time during school hours or when they are playing.

Vacation Island is rumored to have soft, squishy sand, crystal clear waters and perfect weather. Adults would mention that it is so relaxing to sit and watch the coconut trees, which are as bounteous as nature, swaying in the wind. The cool breeze that tickles your skin and the ice cold sea water that could keep your popsicles cool.

It sounds like paradise, the perfect place to play with your friends and family. The dream that you can escape reality and live your fantasy in this very "Vacation Island". Clear skies, soft sand, surrounded by nature, it sounds too good to be true right? The absolute fiction you would find exclusively in storybooks .

I have been to Vacation Island once and that was the last time I've been there. My name is Susan Greys, I am the one who found this Island. The first person to even set foot on this dormant island, the silence welcomed me when nobody would. Loneliness was all this island was telling me, begging me to stay here.

It's all a lie. It's all part of this hand-made reality that I've crafted by myself. Within 2 weeks, nearly all the children in this neighborhood had disappeared. All of the notes that were left behind all wrote, " We're going to Vacation Island forever."

(270 words)