Chapter Two

(Enjoy and share your thoughts!)

Shawn glanced down at his phone, checking the address for what seemed to be the hundredth time. He was outside of Leo's home, surprised by the sight of it. It was relatively...normal. Leo lived in a small, gated community with neighbors who seemed active if Shawn was going based on the number of people walking animals, going for a run, and those who politely said hey to one another. The house itself looked nice, yet so mundane. He did not know what he anticipated from the man, but this neighborly home was not it.

After about ten minutes of simply standing there, staring at the time until it hit exactly twelve, Shawn finally rang the door bell. He was once more surprised as the sound of barking echoed from behind the door as well as the sound of paws pattering. It was not long before he saw a large dog jumping up, placing his paws on the door. The sight had Shawn stepping back quickly, unease settling in his gut. He was not a dog person in the slightest; especially not large dogs.

"Hush!" He was surprised by the loud voice of Leo before he spotted the male approaching the doors. He was wearing a black pair of jeans while shirtless, his black hair ruffled with bed head. He opened the door, his eyes roaming over Shawn and his outfit. It had him glancing down at his own clothes. He had tugged on a pair of gray jogger pants and a navy blue shirt before going to Leo's. The male had not told him to dress up so he had gone for a casual look.

"Hi?" Shawn hated that his voice felt meek, quickly clearing his throat as he crossed his arms over his chest.
"Are you going to let me in?" His voice was not nearly as nice with his second question, his eyes rolling.

"Shawn," Shawn was growing annoyed by Leo's scolding tone in how he spoke his name.
"I have warned you. Play nice." With that, he stepped to the side with his door open. Shawn debated stepping in, but his eyes landed on the two large dogs. They were American Pitbulls, one a blue nose pit and the second a red nose pit. He took a step back, his jaw tightening as he stared at the animals.

"Could you put them up?" Shawn demanded, earning a click of the tongue from Leo.
"Please?" He added lowly.

"Are you afraid of them?"

"I don't care for dogs...and they are very big." Shawn mumbled, thankful the dogs did not run out of the house towards him. They must have been well trained and seemed to know their boundaries. Leo seemed to regard him for a moment before he gave a sharp whistle.

"Couch." His voice was firm, pointing to one of the couches. The command was immediately obeyed by the dogs before Leo gave a small motion for Shawn to step in.
"If they scare you, I will put them away. However, I can tell you that they are very well trained, and they do not attack unless commanded to do so."

Shawn listened silently, hesitating before he took a small step into the house. His eyes flickered to the large dogs, finding they were both laying side by side. Their ears were perked, heads tilted to the side as they stared at the new visitor.
"You promise?"

It felt foolish to ask Leo something so quietly, scared to show his fear of the animals. This was odd to him; he was not supposed to be vulnerable with others. Vulnerable meant dangerous and Leo could very quickly hurt him and take advantage of his agreement to submission...

Shawn silently cursed himself for the realization. Leo could do exactly what he had done to Victor. He could rope him into trusting him and hurt him easily. The thought pained him the slightest bit; he had hurt Victor and he knew that much. Yet he had kept telling himself it was okay; it would make the male stronger and he could scare him into not leaving him. Just as his father had done to his mother and him as a child.

"What is wrong?" The words were spoken quietly by Leo as he shut the front door. He stepped closer to Shawn, though the male had his back to him. With a quiet sigh, he reached out and allowed his hand to rest on his shoulder.
"I can put them up, Shawn."