I wonder if they love me back...?

▪︎♡♡♡▪︎

It was a regular day. I woke up at my nannan's as I'd been staying there. My family were at the cottage by the bay, renovating it. But being one of the more introverted people in my family, my mother thought I'd rather stay with my nannan.

She is a sweet soul, she is accepting in every way and will do anything for anyone. I have my own room at her house, its my dad's old room. He grew up in that room and now its mine. I've put a few vines and fairy lights on the walls and it looks perfect.

Everyone says I'm a lot like my dad, of course they don't mean looks-wise, they mean my height and my temper. I look like none of my family members- well none of them that are alive. My grandfather looked lots like me when he was alive.

My nannan comes into my room, bearing a mug of steaming hot cacao, she places it on the nightstand and tells me that my father is on his way. I thank her and begin to sip on the delicacy, getting ready to leave the house. I head downstairs to get breakfast and my nannan gets a text from my father.

It's my great-grandmother. She's had a stroke. I try to appear calm about it but theres a little voice in the back of my mind, jeering at me. She's 91, her birthday was a week ago. She can't die right after her birthday. That's brutal.

My nannan receives another message, my parents are on their way. I hope they bring good news. I'd hate to see my great-grandma go. They arrive at the door. They appear fine when they say that she's alright. She is slurring her words a little but she's okay.

Once I'm home, I head straight to my room and open twitch. My favourite streamer/close friend is streaming so i open up the stream and say hi to chat. I'm in for a few minutes when they say that his DMs are open for invites to her SMP. I immediately open discord and shoot them a message.

Food's ready, I rush downstairs and eat so quickly. I then dart back upstairs and check my messages. Nothing on WhatsApp, nothing on Instagram. Discord. Two messages. I open the app, hoping ome of them is for the SMP. I look and immediately smile and spin in my chair, causing it to fall over. I'm in.

At 9pm, I shut everything off, admiring some decor I'd put up on my desk the day prior. I take a shower, put my hair into twin braids, throw on am oversized hoodie and jump in bed. I immediately open my chats with Lola.

Lola is the person I love most in this world. I message them till dawn and we just go on about our love for each other. I've never been this mad for a person and I have 9 exes, so believe me I'm experienced. I dont know what I'd do without them.

We text until late as usual but this time things go a little different, and I decide to test the waters. I ask if all this is romantic or platonic, earning myself a response of I don't even know anymore. I say that I'm comfortable with whatever works for them. We're in between. We aren't dating but we arent friends. We're in love. Though we are long distance, so time zones make things a little harder, luckily theres only an hours difference. I dont think I could handle any more.

602 words <3