Chapter 1

Jasmines POV:

"Come on we're gonna be late" My friend Cecilia shouts trying to get my attention.

I must've dozed off.

"oh yeah sure" i respond. As me and Cecilia walk back to class i just couldn't help myself but doze off again.

I couldn't stop thinking about him.

His eyes, his smile, his voice and..

"JASMINE ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING?" Cecilia screams at me clearly frustrated.

shit...i dozed off again.

"Sorry Cecilia i was just thinking about something"

"Come on jasmine, did you even hear a word i said?" she says still frustrated.

"yessss of course....maybe" i respond trying not to piss her off.

She rolls her eyes at me and we get to class just in time. The teacher started talking and i immediatly lose focus again.

I just can't stop thinking about him. I don't know what made me all of a sudden like him, he's such a closed book. He doesn't really have any real friends he just hangs out with people.

But maybe that's what i like about him. The fact that he's privat and doesn't tell everyone about his business.

His social media is also privat and he only follows people he know in real life. He's also on his deen.

If only he notices me. I don't get it, am i ugly? am i not his type? is there something wrong with me?

"Jasmine what is the answer" my teacher says noticing that i've clearly lost focus.

"uhm..i..i don't know" I hear the "popular girls" snicker at me.

I should've felt embarrassed but my mind was busy...busy thinking about him

Thankfully we don't go to the same class otherwise I would've died.

~after class~

Thank god this class is over, I'm not a big fan of  math but I'm trying since I wanna become a doctor.

I wanna do it to make my family proud.

I know it's a very stereotypical Arab thing but as long as my family is happy, I'm happy.

"Jasmine, there you are!" Rosa says as I was walking down the hallway to my next class

"Hey Rosa, haven't seen you all day"

"I was at the doctors, how much did I miss?"

"Well compared to the fact that there's only 2 hours or less left of school...quite a bit"

"Shit, literally let me just vent for a second-"

Aaaaand there's where I stop listening.
Rosa is my friend, but I wouldn't trust her.
She's known for being a bird, going around and telling everyone your business.

I look up the stairs and my heart stopped. There he is, amir.
I felt my heart fall down, I just couldn't take my eyes off of him.
His brown curly hair is the first thing you notice about him.

"Looks like someone has a crush" Rosa says
I looked frightened. No way was Rosa gonna find out about my crush.