Chapter 27.

Ah, hah, sorry! I haven't forgotten about this story, just had life bulldoze over me with college and other stuff, sorry about taking so long!

As a really late thanks to getting 300+ votes on Wattpad and 100+ hearts on Quotev, you guys can decide what I should do for a late Halloween special! (Shhh, Halloween never ends in my heart.)

Here's a small list of what I've compiled for ideas:

• One-shot of reader going trick-or-treating with everyone they've met around Mondstadt! (cutesy option.)

• Yandere one-shot with character(s) of the most popular vote! (With girl characters, remove the romantic portion.)

• Q&A with any characters!

Of course, feel free to leave comments of other suggestions!~

Also as a warning, when the sentences of italics start, there are triggering topics of: parental abuse, suicide, and implied child abuse.

I love giving as much pain as possible, sorry about that but no regrets- I'll try to make next chapter, uh, fluffier? Idk, maybe, maybe not.

One last thing! I've tossed in a few (translated) vocaloid song lyrics, any other fans that can catch them or just me?

Just me? Okay.

Anyways, hope you enjoy reading the chapter!

----------------

Kaeya was kneeling and gripping onto [Name's] shoulders gently, hoping to break him out of the stupor of sadness and fear that he was going through. Needless to say, he was surprised when [Name] grasped his shirt and tugged him closer before cupping his face. "Uh...sweetheart? What are you doing?" He chuckled nervously, trying to offset the small amount of pink that was dusting his face. [Name] didn't reply, only angling his head so his eyes could meet Kaeya's eye more easily.

"Pretty. Really pretty." Kaeya grinned wolfishly at this before teasingly leaning forward even more. "Of course I am, sweetheart," he practically purred, "and you're handsome too."

"Alright, that's enough of this flirting." "Hey!" Kaeya protested childishly as Diluc tugged him away and took his place; albeit a bit farther away from where Kaeya managed to situate himself.

Before properly adressing [Name], Diluc gave Kaeya a blank look. "You can make yourself useful and go help with Paimon and Aether." Kaeya stared at where Diluc had motioned with his head and sighed, leaving the two alone and joining practically everyone else.

"Anyways. [Name], how are you feeling right now?" He didn't want to bother with the typical 'are you okay?' because it was fairly obvious that [Name] was far from being alright. "How do I feel...? What does it matter?" The derisive chuckle unnerved Diluc, but he didn't let it show.

"Don't be ridiculous. Of course your feelings matter." A hum of acknowledgement vibrated from their throat before they relented, Diluc secretly pleased at how easily they opened up to him. Not that he's ever going to say that. "I feel completely fucking terrible," they replied to him, pulling their knees up to their chest, and taking the opportunity to properly look at Diluc with misty eyes.

Their strained laugh this time around was interwined with disbelief at the situation they got themselves into, which bothered him deeply. He could understand that laugh, as he once had laughed that way too. He couldn't help but carefully study [Name], raising his hand to his head and...gently petting his head.

[Name] flinched out of surprise before blinking owlishly at Diluc. "What- why are you-?" "Shhh. If you have nothing you want to say, don't say it." [Name] lapsed into silence after that, nuzzling into his hand.