I'm Back

Hey guys this is my first story so I would love feedback! Thanks for reading and hope you enjoy!

Jennifer POV
The first thing I hear when I wake up is a REALLY loud beeping noise. I groan and roll over to turn off the alarm. After that wonderful experience, I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling, wondering why it went off during the summer. Swimming lessons shouldn't start until 8. That's when it hits me. School. I roll onto the floor with a loud thump and look at my iPod. S**t. It's 7 and my bus also happens to arrive at my stop at 8. I sprint down the stairs to find lily, Calum and my parents silently eating breakfast.

Wait what?! Lily and Calum are never quiet. They are extremely annoying. My mom says they do it to get my attention but it just pisses me off. To add onto that I have to share a room with Lily. She's in grade 7 and we are complete opposites. She hates reading and being calm. Calum is in grade 1 and very intelligent for his age. The problem is he is a suck up and both of them are over dramatic. Anyways, I decide to enjoy the silence and make myself a bagel. No one says a thing. I run back up the stairs and get changed into a loose grey t shirt, short jean shorts, black converse, a black leather jacket and I put on my special necklace. I head over to the bathroom and attempt to brush out my hair. I throw it in my normal hairstyle, a semi loose high pony tail. Even when it's there it still manages to reach my mid back. I quickly throw on some mascara and examine myself in the mirror. I was never the prettiest girl. I have hip length golden brown hair that is chestnut brown at the top, electric blue eyes, tanned body from being in the pool all summer, a fair amount of curves, in shape, sort of long legs and naturally curled up eyelashes. But then I look at my flaws.

That's my problem. I was and I will never be as pretty as the other girls. I finish up by putting some silver owl earrings in and I check my iPod again. Now it 5 minutes to 8. I hurry back down stairs and grab my old Nike bag, which is filled with my binder and lunch. I jog down the street and see my bus waiting. I hop up the steps to see Lily staring at me impatiently. See Lily is the head bus patrol. Stupid job because no one actually listens. I speak from experience. I roll my eyes and sit in the back with my friends Mary, Olive, Kathleen, Triton, and Derek. Last year we all stated talking to each other because the grade 8 students Nick, Julie, Ben and Sara tried to bully us. Let's just say the day Nick showed up I went to the office for the first time in 4 years and he went home with a black eye and a missing tooth. In my defense he was being sexist and racist so I had all right to punch him.

I relax down in my seat beside Kathleen and try to start up a conversation. "So how was your summer" I ask "Did you go back to France?""no, I went to Mexico" she replied. Ah that what was different. Her accent was fading, she was as tanned as I was and she seemed happier. All 6 of us just sat around talking about our summers, books, math, and grad before we got to the school.

It's not like I don't like summer break but it was great to be back. I'm a little bit of a teacher pet even though I try to hid it. I won't say that I'm popular because I would be lying. I just have lots of friends. I step out of the cramped bus and start approaching the overpopulated building. Ah good old Achilles public school. Where you can learn in a 'peaceful and healthy environment'. Or not. I'm back.

So please tell me how that chapter was. Feedback is greatly appreciated and if you have any questions feel free to ask!