chapter 1: confrontation

His arm around her shoulder as they walk through the canteen doors. It's them; Alex and Poppy. Girls scoul in jealousy as the couple make their way to the table where all the popular people sit. Eugh.

"Is something wrong?" asked Linus.

"Nah it's nothing" I said.
He surprisingly believed that lie.

"You've been acting strange lately..." he stood up from his seat and walked towards the snack bar.

As soon as he left, I suddenly felt someone sit next to me. I turn my head to see Poppy awfully close to me with a smile on her face.
I gulped in fear.

I've heard a bunch of rumours of her in the past.
Like back in year 8, she apparently sent a classmate to the hospital with 2 fractured ribs for "flirting" with Alex and the girl moved to another school after the incident.

"Yes?" I asked, "Is there a reason you're sitting here?".
She shrugs and takes a chip from my plate.

"What are you actually doing here?" I demanded.

"I know you've been secretly kissing my boyfriend," she said with a sudden serious look on her face.
I froze.
"You know what I'm talking about, don't even pretend to act clueless".
Her face being so close to mine feels like i'm being driven into a corner. Shit.

"Anyways, I'll see you later!" she says with excitement.

I stare at her in confusion as she skips her way to Alex's arm and they leave the cafeteria together.
Smiling at each other...