The Nightmare

"Where am I? How did I end up here?" she thought to herself. Just a moment ago she was sleeping in her room but now she had no clue where she was. It was dark and cold. All she could see was a street light shining at a distance.

She walked towards the light hoping to find someone who could tell her where she was. As she walked, she saw a familiar figure on the street. "Mom?" she said. "Is that really my mom? But why is she crying?" She went closer and saw her dad next to her mom. They're staring at something. What are they staring at? She turned her head and saw her house. "Mom, Dad. Why are you both standing here? Let's go inside," she said. But they couldn't hear her. She then saw their landlord walk out of the house. "Go find another place to live. I can't stand your presence any longer. Go away while I'm still being nice," he said. What's going on? Why are we being kicked out? Did something happen when I wasn't home? She turned to her parents to ask them what's happening but they were already gone. She's all alone again. She was so confused and scared. She was at the verge of crying.

"Do you see it now?" said a voice behind her at a distance. Taken aback, she turned around. She saw a dark figure walking towards her. The silhouette became clearer as the figure approached closer. What she saw next frightened her to death. Her heart was pounding like crazy as she saw her own self!! But there's something different about her. Her eyes were darker and there's a really creepy aura surrounding her. She got chills by just feeling that aura from a distance. Who is this? Why does it look like me? One thing she knew for sure was that thing in front of her was no good. She took a step back as the ominous figure walked towards her. It came closer. She wanted to run away but her legs wouldn't move.

"Do you see it now? Do you realize what you've done?" it said. "What do you mean?" she said with a cracked voice. "You're asking ME after everything your parents have been through because of YOU? You're selfish and never really cared how they felt, did you? You told yourself that you made those decisions for your happiness. Now tell me. Are you really happy? I trusted you. Your parents believed everything is fine as long as you're happy with what you're doing. But in the end all of it was for nothing, only to have debts piled up on their shoulders and thinking if they shouldn't have let you take that decision back then. They regret it. They're sad. And now they're homeless, all because of you. Now you couldn't even help them at their lowest. Remember my words. You will definitely face the consequences for your actions," upon saying these words the figure disappeared. Then she heard a voice inside her head saying "You're probably wondering who I am. I am you. I am your past. Now I'm here to haunt you... for the rest of your life."

She fell to her knees and started crying. She scraped her knees but the cold pavement failed to bring back her senses. She stayed there bawling her eyes out until she felt a sharp pain in her head and fainted. Moments later, she woke up in her room sweating heavily. That's when she realized that it was all a dream.