Chapter One

My breathing becomes unstable as my bare feet thud against the cold hard concrete. Where am I? The only light source was coming from the moon, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to make out the outline of rows of houses.

The strong scent of metallic fills my nose as I came to a halt. A slim, tall figure with a hood over its face was kneeling beside a limp pale body, gripping the knife coated in blood, and stared right at me.

Run! But I didn't, nor did I scream. Because the limp body was my mother.

"It's a shame, really" the rising figure said. "A woman who knew nothing about us, sacrificed herself for her weak, useless daughter" Sacrificed? The police informed me she committed suicide. Of course I didn't believe but what other options were there?

I opened my mouth but no sound came out. All the questions remained unanswered. The blonde erupted into giggles, a grin too wide to be realistic. "Oh I apologize, you're under my control, meaning no nonsense from you"

I tried to identify whether the voice belonged to someone I knew. Tried. I couldn't even tell if the person who's talking was a female or male.

"Now, we're running out of time. If you ever want to avenge your poor mother, remember"

My eyes furrowed in confusion. Remember what exactly?

"Don't worry, we will meet again"

I gasped for air as my bed slowly creek when I got up. Was that a nightmare or a message? Pacing around my room, I looked over at my desk as the digital clock numbers glared back at me. 5:21 a.m.