1

i had just sat down, slid my headphones on so they were around my neck and went to pull out my notebook to start writing when i hear a ping. 

it's haechan, i sigh. he's been busy all day with exams so we could barely see each other ever, only after school.

i promised we'd meet up soon but we never got to because of his strict schedule, but today i'd promised him we'd go to the cafe near our campus, i hadn't seen him in ages and kind of wanted to know what he was up to.

- time skip to 30 mins later

i look up for a second, putting down my pen. a boy with black hair with brown highlights stood in front of me, he looked shy but maybe he was nervous at the time.

'hi..', he said timidly, suprising me but his smile and overall cuteness made him look inviting

'oh hi..', i trailed off, remembering i said i was going to meet haechan in about 5 minutes. i couldn't miss it, i wouldn't see him for another 3 months otherwise.

'umm.. see u later..', i smiled, packing up quickly, walking out the classroom. the boy followed me out into the sunshine. it reminded me of haechan, i really missed him. we'd been childhood friends since we were young and it made me feel wierd that he was studying to become a singer while i just decided to do some lit courses at university. 

we walked, the boy, admiring the bright blue sky and flailing green trees. 'i swear i've seen you around.. what's your name again?', i asked him, remembering the many boys i'd walked past going to class.

'huang renjun', he replied sweetly. he was staring down at the ground, looking shy the whole time.

'what a nice name..sorry i'll talk to u later, i need go somewhere urgently', i smile widely at him and walk to the cafe a few blocks north of the university.

renjun pov

i walk back to my next class, realising jisung doesn't like being alone in that class, he's very shy but a really talented actor and dancer.

'hey jisung...' 'i need to tell you something..', i run into the class

'you're late, huang!', the teacher yells. 

'sorry, mr lee', i slowly take my seat next to jeno and jisung.

jeno loves acting and is the loud one of our friend group, jisung's shy but an amazing dancer and i'm a singer but i try in other elements. i'll be honest, i'm not really an actor, i just wanted to be in a class with my friends.

y/n pov

i arrived, setting the present down on the table and grab a window seat, i remembered haechan told me that he likes sitting away from the window, i never knew why but i don't ask and it's just a normal thing now. i waited there for what felt like hours and hours before a boy with white hair and a shy, cute smile holding a menu wondered over to my seat.

'can i take your order?', he didn't look up at me at first but when he noticed the heart i had drawn on the glass, he gave me a genuine smile.

i nodded, noticing his delight with my little creation

i ordered our drinks, knowing that haechan still loves caramel lattes, we would come here and gossip, talk and just hang out here every day almost.

haechan pov

i quickly texted y/n, telling her i was busy and we'd meet up another day. i know she'd be really disappointed but i would fail if i didn't complete this acting exam. i stacked up my study books and exam sheets.

i walked into mark's dorm, putting down my things on his desk and getting the cue cards ready to study.

'oh hey haechan', mark smiled as he continued fiddling around with the strings on his guitar

'whatcha doing?', i asked, interested by mark's fondness for the instrument.

'learning a new song', mark exclaimed, eager to show me his hard work

'oh..so this is what you've been doing the whole day?', i asked

mark nodded, placing my fingers on the right strings

i looked up at mark, i'd never felt like this before.