Chapter 1: First Day of School

Beep, beep, beep, beep

The alarm screeched in my ear as I turned my back to it with a pillow over my head. I didn't want the day to start yet.

"Seika-chan, time to rise and shine!" I heard my obaa-san (grandma)'s gentle knock on the door. "I made your favorite breakfast. Don't forget it's your first day of school at Akihabara Academy!"

"Hai, hai (yes, yes). I'm up." I said, begrudgingly as I climbed out of bed with a drag to my footsteps. I tidied up, washed up and got changed into my school uniform. It was a sailor's uniform with a white top and a sky blue skirt. Standing in front of my full body mirror, I twirled around and smiled at myself. Not bad.

I then reached for my hairbrush and started combing out my tangled locks. I sighed. Probably time for a haircut as it was starting to reach my butt. Not that I mind it, in fact, I secretly wished obaa-san won't nag me to chop it off.

"Seika-chan, if you don't come out soon, your food will be soiled." Once again, my grandma rapped on the door.

"Hai, hai. I'm coming now." I said, finishing up the last touch before hastily grabbed my school bag and closed the door behind me.

In the living room, my ojii-san (grandpa) was already sitting in his usual spot reading his morning paper as he ate. My grandma was cleaning and wiping up stains on the table from next to him.

"Ohayo ojii-san (good morning grandpa)." I said, bowing before taking a seat. He raised his grey eyes and looked at me with approval. "I was right. Blue looks so much better on you than the previous uniform."

I groaned internally. He just had to remind me of the time I was in the academy before I came here. Their dress code was strict and the colors were dull. It was depressing studying there and I was thankful that my grandparents care more about me than my grades.

I chewed on my natto as I took a walk down memory lane. Yeah, that's right. I almost forgot why I wanted to move.

I had no friends.

In the previous school, I was the laughing stock since I was a chunibyo, otaku and a weeb. I would watch anime hours and hours on end and my room would be filled with figurines from animes such as Detective Conan, Sailor Moon, Prince of Tennis, Inuyasha, you name it. I didn't have anything in common with the girls since they were obsessed over boys and the latest fashion related stuff. I stood out and was usually bullied.

Of course I didn't just let myself be picked on like that. I told my grandparents about it, they were angry and went to the teacher and even the headmaster. They didn't listen to my grandparents and even told them to stop buying me anime figurines calling them "dolls that would make my grade go down." Oh please, I made straight As in class. I'm the daughter of the famous Junto couple. Of course I inherited their brain.

My grandparents were indignant that this was happening so they took me out of the miserable place and let me choose my own school instead. I was pretty happy. I've had my eyes on Akihabara Academy for a long time now. It's the heaven of weebs as I heard that Akihabara was the center of Japan's cultural attraction. So over the summer, my family moved from Tokyo to Akihabara so I can attend school there.

"Seika-chan! You'll be late!" I heard grandma's voice exclaim, jolting me out of my train of memories. I gasped, it was half an hour before school so I started to run. I hurriedly kissed my grandma goodbye before running out of the door in a flash.

I grabbed my bike and rapidly paddled down the pavement. Thankfully, my house was not that far away from the academy and it only took me about 10 minutes to arrive in front of the school gate. I breathed a sigh of relief and locked my bike near where the others were parked before checking out the area.