Foolish Me

HI GUYS!!! :) SO THIS IS MY VERY FIRST STORY ENTRY, AND YES I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WOULD LEAVE A COMMENT ON YOUR OPINION ABOUT MY STORY. WELL, I HOPE YOU ENJOY READING THIS AS MUCH AS I ENJOYED WRITING THEM

---

"Sheilla I'm so sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you. We just fell in love."

I still remember my sister, Amelia, telling me these exact words. It was the day that she confessed to me that she was having an affair with my boyfriend, Kyle. I wasn't quite sure if I will ever be able to forgive their treachery towards me.

"Sheilla, you're on in 10" Glenda said, pulling my consciousness back to earth.

I tested my voice a little and took a deep breath. The red bulb on my desk lit and I was on air. "Good evening my 'loud soul' listeners. It's me again, your one and only 'Soul Catcher' Alice." I took another breath "Well, unfortunately tonight is our last soul-to-soul talk until my vacation is over. So I would like it if you, my listeners out there, would call and voice out you hearts." I saw the phone lines on my computer screen flicker. I smiled and pressed a number "Hello 'Loud Soul' caller, open up your heart and tell me about yourself."

"Hi miss Alice. I'm Christian and I have something my soul wants' to scream." The caller introduced in a low tone.

"Don't be shy and scream it, Christian. I'm willing to listen to however loud it is." I replied, encouraging him to speak up.

Christian paused for a while "Well miss Alice; there is there girl I have been in love with since forever. I have never felt this way towards any other girl before, it has always been her."

"And what's the problem with that?" I asked him directly.

"The problem is that she's never noticed me. It's as if I'm invisible. Even when I walk right in front of her, or even when she is right next to me during history and chemistry class, she's never even bothered to look at me. Not even once."

"I see. I totally understand your situation. I have been through that situation before as well." I smiled and remembered my high school days.

"Really miss Alice? What did you do? Did he ever notice you? How?" Christian asked anxiously.

"Easy with the questions sweetheart. One at a time." I said laughing a little, but I answered his questions anyway. "But yeah he did notice me. It was because I joined a couple of school activities and I even entered the same club as him. He finally noticed me when I came up to him and talked to him."

"What happened next?" he was eager to find it out now.

"Well, we became really good friends, and after a couple of weeks he asked me out."

"Do you think I should do the same?" Christian asked.

"Yes. I think you should be brave and go to her and be friends with her. Get to know her better. Friendship has always been the best foundation to any kind of relationship." I said with my tone of encouragement.

Our conversation ended a little while later. After the phone call with Christian I took a few more calls before setting up the mood with some great beat.

The night passed by quickly than usual. I did not expect to get fifty calls in one night, since I only get approximately about twenty four in maximum daily.

"Great job Sheilla, you were awesome!" I turn around to see Michael sitting on my love seat in the booth.

"Michael dear, just a reminder for you," I say walking towards him. I stop in front of him and lean in closer until our faces were centimeters away. "I have always been awesome you just never noticed because you were too busy convincing yourself you are better than me."

"Well I suppose you're right. You are better than me at this but that doesn't change the fact that I have more listeners than you can combine your listeners" He looked at me as if trying to challenge me. Knowing I would take his bait for an argument.

"But of course you'd have more listeners. Everybody is so in love with your voice." I tell him smiling.

"Even you?" he asks with a meaningful grin across his face.

"No," I answered without a second thought. "Maybe,... yes."

He laughs. Amusement filled his eyes as soon as he looked at me. "You never fail to amuse me." He said still laughing under his breath.

"No need to laugh. Moron." I say slightly pissed before I storm out of the booth. I heard him call my name but I brushed it off.

Michael and I have been in competition since my arrival here at the station. Oh and BTW, he's a douche bag but... I may or may not be crushing on him lately. Why wouldn't I he was hot, as in capital H-O-T. He may act like such an asshole but he can be the sweetest at times.

Stop fooling yourself, acting like you're in love with someone you're really not in love with. My inner voice mocked me with words that pierced right through me.