The Kryptonite

I look at the distorted reflection of my athletic body in the chlorinated water. Ripples form at the surface.
  When the whistle blows, without a second of thought, I breathe in deeply, and dive into the water.
I push against the water and stare forward.
I can hear the voices cheering me on.  Exactly, 1 and a half minutes later, I find myself standing on the podium, panting deeply. The trophy glints in the sun as I hold it high in the air for everyone to see.
   "Yeah, Breasal! Way to go!" I can hear Joe yelling.
I flash a whitening smile towards him and skim through all the faces in the crowd. Amber stands in the front row, beaming at me. Her short hair, hanging loosely on her shoulders.
A certain feeling of warmth and comfort washes over me as I look at her. I run over and grab her by the waist.
"Breasal Jones, I'm so proud of you" she says as she leans over and places her perfectly puckered, cotton candied lips over mine. She ruffles my hair, the way I like it.
Just then a finger taps my shoulder firmly and I see Coach standing behind me.
"Mr.Jones," he says and stretches his hand over to me and pats my back as he walks away, leaving Amber and me alone.
I'm still dripping wet and in my swimsuit. I ask Amber to go on and tell her that I'd join her later.
After shaking hands with many random strangers congratulating me for my excellent performance, I walk home. The cool breeze of November, blowing against my thick brunette hair and the autumn leaves painting the streets a warm golden yellow.