~

You sit silently in the dark alley, waiting for Harry. The moon is shining brightly over your head. You check the time. He said he would be back shortly, and he told you to stay safe. It’s been so long, panic takes over you. You cover your hands in your face and begin to cry. You don’t know whether it’s the cold or the fear that makes your body tremor, or if it’s both. With your back pressed up against the wall, you feel so terrified.

  Just then, you hear the sound of footsteps and your heart races. “Harry?” You whisper hopefully into the cold night air. No reply. Then, you see a figure step slightly out of the shadows. It’s Harry. Relief floods over you as you smile and get up to hug him. As you approach him you see something is wrong. Your heart drops. His face has a stone expression, his skin pale. You see blood dripping down his neck. You stop in your tracks. “Harry…what happened...” You question, your voice trailing off. He looks down at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

 “They…they bit me.” He says and slowly looks up at you.

 You now see his eyes, piercing and cat-like. As the words come out of his mouth you see two tips of his teeth, pointed and long. His mouth is slightly covered in blood. With sudden realization, you let out a little shriek, stepping back. Then, you freeze in horror, not knowing what to do. Harry is a vampire.

 “Babe,” he says softly as he approaches you. His voice is low and musky. He talks slowly and with a slightly different accent now.

 You take another step backward. Your body is now against the wall. You put your hands in front of you defensively. “St-stay away from me,” You stutter as tears stream down your face. He continues to approach you. You slide down the wall and sit on the ground, covering your face with your hands once again. “Harry…p-please,” you sob. He is right next to you now. You feel his ice cold hand on your shoulder and cringe.

  “I’m not going to hurt you,” He whispers reassuringly. You peek up at him, still frightened. He is standing, watching over you. “Please get up. I swear I won’t hurt you,” he says.

 You look into his eyes, which are pleading and captivating. You can’t help but think how hot he looks despite the fear bubbling inside you. Slowly, you rise back up. He reaches for your hand but you pull away, scared. He looks defeated. “Baby, it’s me. I’m not going to hurt you,” he says once again.

 He takes your hand in his and doesn’t let you pull away this time. You can’t help but tense up, your body still shaking. He pulls you in close to his chest and hugs you. You gasp but then wrap your hands around him tightly as he rocks you back and forth. You continue sobbing as he whispers “Shh baby girl, its okay. I got you. I know you’re scared but its okay,”

 He hugs you until your body stops shaking. When you finally pull apart he looks into your eyes. You can’t help but feel scared still. He’s not the same. He wipes away your tears. You find your voice and talk to him.

  “Babe, you say you’re not going to hurt me but how do you know that? This is going to take over you just like it did to everyone else,” you say as a tear rolls down your cheek. You love Harry and you don’t want to loose him, epecially not in this way. He wipes your tears away again and shakes his head.

 “Baby, I’ll take a wooden stake to my heart before I let myself hurt you. That’s not going to happen. I love you. Please believe me when I say that I’m not going to hurt you,” he says. You smile at his words. He always knows what to say.

  “Aw babe, I believe you. I love you too,” you say and he smiles back. All of a sudden you feel a whole new way about Harry. You always loved him with all your heart, but now he was a vampire. Something about him now just turns you on even more. As he smiles, your heart skips a beat.