Missing

It was just dusk and the sun was gone but the moon was late tonight. It was autumn, when summer had left but fall was just around the corner, and it was a chilly night. Cloud was patrolling the streets with his torch in hand. He stopped at the corner of the street "alright, that's enough, you can come out now" he announced. A short, brown haired boy stepped out from the alley. "A-am i bugging you? I mean no harm, but the fact is, I was told to-meet you here" the brewnette said. Cloud turned to the child, he was small. He had blue eyes, a brown skin tone, and he wore a white sweatshirt, black shorts, and a pair of black and white checkered vans. Typical. He must have been at least 13 or 14 years of age, because his grammar was articulate and his words flowed pleasantly and his voice was calm.

"He was my best friend" the boy started, and Cloud snapped out of his daydream "wait a minute, i know you dont i?" Cloud started and the boy replied "no, I don't think so-" but Cloud stopped him "no, you're that positive, goody-goody, upbeat skipper". The boy just stared at him for a second. "-what?" he said, "never mind, why are you here?" Cloud snapped "i have information on the missing person" the boy said. Cloud could see he was honestly trying to help "fine, in my office"

At the sheriff station, Cloud and the brewnette sat down and Cloud took out some files "okay kid, what's your name?" he asked "my name is Pit sir, Pit Highfly '' the boy remarked "im 14 years old and I have a sister named Kiki and we both go to Jade Mountain High '' he stated matter-of-factly. "Okay, 'Pit'. So when did you last see this other kid?" Cloud asked wearily
"He has a name." Pit said blankly "his name is Kuro Kamado, he is my best friend, goes to my school, and i last saw him yesterday, at the beach, he told me i was his best and only friend of all time, and that he couldn't live without me. I think he was going to say something else but he stopped there and told me he had to go home, those were his words exactly". Cloud noticed how he said is and not was, he knew this boy was determined to find his friend and had his heart set that Kuro's still alive.

"Okay" Cloud said with a sigh "and you're sure he didn't say where he went?". Pit shook his head. "No sir, he didn't say".

Dang.

He doesn't know.

And I don't have any more witnesses.

"Okay, kid. Sorry to break it to you but we don't have any more witnesses, it's late, it's cold, I'm tired, why don't you come back tomorrow?" Cloud said. He slid the files back into their place in his desk "wait-I'm not tired, i can help!" But soon, he was waiting outside of the station. It was a calm night, except for the fact that Pit knew his best friend, Kuro, was out there somewhere. It's not that cold he thought as he blew a warm sigh out, he could see his breath. Okay, well, it's not that late, and it's not even dark out. He knew he was exaggerating because the only reason it wasnt dark out was because he was standing under a street light, and the Mac Donald's restaurant across the street had all its lights on inside. It was around 9:00 so, not that late but still past his bed-time, or would be if he was still eight years old.

Pit walked across the street, looking both ways before he did, and entered the glowing eatery. He was greeted by the waitress. "Hello, fine night we're having isn't it? What can I get for you today sir?" asked friendly, "yes, of course, um, nothing yet ma'am" he said kindly and sat down at a table near the large, open window. He looked out into the night. "Wonder who that kid is" and "oh i know who he is, thats-" came from the busy people at nearby tables and booths. He let out a long, satisfying sigh. Oh Kuro, I hope you're safe. You better be. Just hold on a little longer buddy. Pit thought.

Back in his office, sheriff Cloud Strife was working hard on the case of the missing person. He was fast asleep. He had forgotten to ask that boy what his friend looked like, what was his name again? Pit. that was it, and he would be there in the morning, sitting in front of him and saying stuff like "Sir, and Sheriff, and Cloud. Cloud! Sir! MISTER STRIFE!" Cloud woke up abruptly, "Gah! What?" he whipped his head around. He looked out the window and saw the early sunrise of a new autumn day. "Kid, what are you doing here?" he said wearily and rubbed his head. Sure enough, it was morning and the boy from the night before was in his office again. "Ugh, kid-" he started but Pit interrupted "i brought you breakfast" he remarked delightfully and handed the sheriff a paper bag. "Okay... then" Cloud took the bag and set it aside. "So what do you want to know?" Pit asked eagerly "about... about the missing person? I need to know exactly what he looks like-" cloud said sleepily "yes, of course" Pit said. Cloud dug in a drawer for notepad "okay, tell me his hair color, his eye color, things like that will help, but also what he was wearing the last time you saw him"