Travel 3 : Friends

3rd person's POV:

When Nithya is 8 yrs old...

"Childhood is the days when you lived your life without any worries and problems which can be treasured throughout your whole life"

A normal weekend started with the sound of children playing in the park. Energetic whistles from teenagers, kids careless laughers without any concern about their future, couples cute and lovely moments and boys fighting among themselves ignorant to the idea of them going to be best friends in future filled the park.

A group of friends were sitting in circle playing and laughing with each other. The only boy in the group started to argue while the girls laughed at him making him whine more.

"Riyaa you lost this time too! You are going to buy us chocolates this week" Nithya shouted happily.

Riyaansh protested but offered "But you have to stop calling me Riyaa infront of other girls"

Nithya giggled and said"Okay Riyaa"

Indhuja's mom Nandhini called her from outside the park.

"Indhu ma come let's go back home" she said to her daughter.

Indhu started "But Amma we are playing, i will come after --"

Nandhini cut her off with a glare. Indhu mumbled an okay and said bye to her friends with a disappointed face.

Indhu's family is very conservative and a traditional one. More than that, they are very strict towards her even in a very small age. They are living in a joint family and indhu is not allowed to wear a dress which is comfortable to her. She didn't have any other choice than to obey them. She is the most introverted person in this group.

The remaining trio watched her walking to her mother with a sad face but they can't do anything. Then they all started to discuss about their favourite cartoon.

Shruthika said "Ansh, Nithi you know my parents are going to travel somewhere for their work and they are going to leave me and my sister with my grandparents" she said happily.

Shruthika, is the most outspoken girl of this group. Even in this small age she knows how to protect her friends and little sister. You may wonder why is she excited about their parents going out of town. No she is actually excited to spend time with her grandparents. She loves them so much. She is from a wealthy family but her parents never let her disrespect others because of their social difference. Her parents also didn't want their daughters to grow up with a caretaker/nanny, so they always left them with their grandparents during their business trips.

Before others could reply Rajeev arrived there after playing cricket with his friends to the place where his sister is sitting.

"What are you all doing now?" He asked after smacking Nithya's head playfully.

She muttered "loosu" and tried punching him but he escaped from it easily.
(Loosu means crazy)

"We are discussing something important. Can you go that side" Nithya pushed him.

"No it's getting late now! Come i am going to take you all home or else mom will scold me... Wait! Where is indhu?" Rajeev asked with a frown.

"Anna she went back home with her mother"said Ansh.

"Oh okay so come let's go now" Rajeev informed them.

Everyone stood up and started walking with Raj. While walking Raj's friends joined them. Shruthika stopped infront of her house and said them bye before getting inside. Everyone went to their house while Rajeev, Riyaansh and Nithya started walking towards their home.