1: forgotten child

Little Lee
Written in the perspective of Reggie Ellis-Carson. Most other chapters will be in the perspective of Lee Ellis

Sixteen year old Reggie grabbed her old backpack, choosing to tuning out her father as he screamed "take that bastard child and fucking leave!" at her, her mother standing in her doorway silently tormenting her and her four year older Lee, who sat quietly in the corner, tear marks staining his pale face.

"Don't talk about him like that!" She wanted to say, instead choosing to stay silent, she knew better then to disrespect her father, no matter how badly she wanted to yell she would never escape the fear that was him.

In the corner of her eye she could see Lee, his busted lip and red eyes filling her with anger. She recounted how earlier that day her father came to her and explained that Lee had fallen accidentally. But Lee never fell, and it certainly was no accident. Anyone who knew her little brother knew that he was the most careful four year old boy in the world.

Reggie never thought that the last time she'd see her parents would be when she was running out to her boyfriend Drew's car with her backpack in hands, and her four year old little brother on her hip.

Sitting in the back of Drew's car, she hugged Lee close to her chest and cried in silence. "It'll be okay, I can do this" she said to herself over and over again.

Over the years, she'd spent many nights wondering what happened to them, and why they had never come to get a now seventeen year old Lee and bring him home. She'd thought, what if they went to jail? What if they were on the run? What if they had died?

Well, now she knows.

They're dead. And with her being a party planner, as well as their child, it's up to her to organise everything. But there are two things that she's worried about:
A: what will Lee say? Will he be grieving?
B: she has a family now, what will happen when her relatives find out she's been hiding a family?