Chapter 1: Deadvalley's River of Risks

"Hey, dad?.... Dad!"
As the Duplicators eyes opened to a rude awakening, the Child was bouncing up and down.
"...Sonny, calm down. What is it..?" Duplicator rose up from his bed, rubbing his eye with his fin.
"You promised to take me to the River when you woke up! It's been centurieees!" The child complained.
"It's only been 30 minutes... but oh well, I suppose."
"Yay!" The child exclaimed, bouncing up and down from excitement. Duplicator got up and walked toward the door, opening it with his fin.
"Wait, aren't we gonna get mom to come with us to?"
"Me and your mother are divorced, Sonny."
"What?"
Duplicator frowned. "I'm sorry, Sonny. Don't worry though, you'll still get to see her. In fact, you'll see her once every two weeks. Every weekend. Its just she failed to take custody of you in court."
"Oh." The child looked down for a moment, and silence filled the room.
".....Oh, well! Let's go!" The child ran out the door.
"Sonny! Wait for me to catch up with you!" The Duplicator quickly ran after.
As they both got outside, they made their way towards the river. Luckily, it wasn't too far from their house, so driving wasn't necessary. They made their way to the shore, and the Child bounced up and down from excitement.
"I can't wait! Can I play in the water, dad?" The child asked, looking up at him.
"...Sure, just be careful and make sure to not go too far into the water. I'll hold your balloon for you." The Duplicator held out his fin.
"Okay!" The Child exclaimed, handing him the green balloon and making his way into the water. As the Child was playing in the water, the Duplicator felt a raindrop hit him. Is it raining? How? It was clear just a moment ago? The duplicator looked confused, although he decided to let his son play for just a little longer.
As he kept an eye on his son the best he could, he heard an ear-piercing shriek erupt from nearby bushes. He looked in the direction in alarm and turned to see if the Child had heard it. Seemingly, he didn't. The Duplicator cautiously made his way to the bush, ready to face whatever he was about to see. He hesitantly spread the leaves of the bush and gasped in shock. He layed his eyes on Bunny, the animal his Son loved, had its rib cage torn out of its chest and stabbed into its head. It's legs both looked crooked as if they were broken, and blood was all over the creatures body. Almost as if it didn't look like a, well, Bunny anymore. Duplicator was shocked at the sight, but then he heard his son screaming. Duplicator turned around and ran to the river, panting as he saw his son from afar, barely keeping his head above water.
"Sonny!" The duplicator gasped, and ran toward the river, diving into it. The current immediately pulled at him, and he himself was having trouble getting around in the water. He tried to make a duplicate to help him get through the water, but to no avail. He, the duplicate, and his son were swept underneath the water viciously, with little to no chance of reaching the shore by themselves.

Meanwhile, the Angel pondered around in his backyard, which just happened to be near the river the Duplicator and the Child had went to. He was mowing his lawn since he forgot to do it last week, which he had a tendency to do. He decided to do it in the rain since he didn't wanna put it off anymore then he already had. As he finished up and shut the lawnmower off, he heard something nearby. ...People...Yelling?
As the Angel looked in the direction he had heard all the commotion, he saw two figures in the water. He couldn't make out who exactly they were, but he knew they were having trouble getting out of the river. He's an asshole, but not that much of an asshole. He quickly flapped his wings and flew over to the river, where he was able to make out the figures more prominently. "Duplicator and the Child! What are they doing out here?!" He thought.
The Angel quickly dove near the river and grabbed the Child by his fin, and quickly jerked him out of the river, tossing him to the lighter part of the river
"There, you should be able to walk to the shore! I'll get your dad, or whatever!"
The child waddled up to land as the Angel did the same to Duplicator as he did to the Child, throwing him to shore. The Duplicator panted as he looked up at him. As much as he didn't tend to trust him, he could thank him this once.
"...Thank you for helping, me and my son would've been with the Lizard if it wasn't for you." the Duplicator sighed in relief.
"Yeah, whatever.. I gotta go back." The Angel was about to fly off, before the Duplicator stopped him.
"Wait-! I need your help.. with something."
"What?" The Angel glanced at him fiercely.
"I.. found something I don't think I should've in the bushes. Can you come look with me?" The Duplicator pleaded.
Angel paused, and let out a long sigh. "Fine, it better be important."
"Alright. Here's your balloon, Sonny. Do you think you can walk home?" The duplicator handed him the balloon as he asked.
"Sure, I promise to be on my best behavior!" The child promised.
"Thank you Sonny, now run along.." the Duplicator made his way to the bush as Angel followed. He separated the twigs and leaves and he and Angel had, once again, laid their eyes upon Bunny's corpse.
"Gah, what the fuck-!?" Angel exclaimed in shock. "The fuck happened?!"
"I don't know, I just.. heard a scream and found it here. It must've died recently."
The Angel kept staring at it. "Did you just.. hear it shriek? Did you see anything?"
"No, I only heard the scream. I wasn't looking in the direction so I saw nothing."
The Duplicator sighed as the Angel looked at it, still in shock.
"Should we bury it?" The Duplicator looked around.
"No, you dumbass! We need to take it with us so we can study it and find out what the fuck is going on!" The angel shouted.
"Okay-! Jeez!" The Duplicator and the Angel fished the remains out of the Bush. Angel nearly looked like he was about to vomit, however they made it to the house, trying their best to hide it from the Child.