• BEGINNINGS •

chapter one; beginnings

◘◘◘

ROBYN CLARKE HAD never quite fitted into society's definition of 'normal' - at least, not the muggle society.

From a young age, odd and unexplainable events had occurred whenever Robyn was around. When she was three years old, she'd blown up her neighbor's dustbins by simply glancing at them, and when she was nine her school desk had spontaneously combusted into flames.

The other kids at school avoided her, but she didn't particularly care. No one could ever work out why these events happened until her eleventh birthday, and Robyn received her letter from Hogwarts.

Robyn's parents were muggles, so it came as a huge shock to them. Yet Robyn's auntie was a witch, and she guessed that was where she got her magic from. She'd been part of the wizarding world for almost five years. She'd made excellent friends, like Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, Angelina Johnson and, of course, the Weasleys.

Summer had been fun so far. Robyn and her family lived in the seaside town of Brighton, which was home to beautiful views and beaches. Although she liked to be in the thick of everything when she was at Hogwarts, in the summer she liked to relax. It didn't matter whether that was on a secluded, sunny area of the beach, or in the house with her family.

Her younger sister, Erin, often liked to go to the beach with her, or to play games in the house for hours upon hours. Robyn didn't mind, though. They were incredibly close and almost never fought, unless over something stupid which was resolved almost immediately afterwards. The two girls were fiercely protective of each other.

One lazy afternoon Robyn lay on her bed, music blasting through the wireless. Her window was thrown wide open in the hopes of enticing a nonexistent draft in. She was soon distracted from reading her book by the soft hooting of the Weasley's owl, Errol, in the window. Robyn stood up from her bed and made her way over to the bird, smiling a little when she spotted Fred's familiar handwriting on the envelope.

"Thanks, Errol," Robyn stroked Errol's feathers and he nipped her finger affectionately. She sat down on the window seat and opened the letter.

Dear Robyn,

Listen - dad got the tickets! The tickets to the final of the Quidditch World Cup!

He's got a few spare, so Harry and Hermione are coming, and Fred and I wondered if you want to come, too? I mean, you love Quidditch just as much as we do.

Please reply as soon as you can, but this letter's probably a bit late - we can't trust Errol with anything. We're surprised he hasn't just dropped out of the sky and died yet.

Let us know if you can go, and we'll arrange a time to pick you up.

Love your favorite twins,

Fred and George x

Robyn jumped up from the window seat, a huge grin on her face. She was going to the Quidditch World Cup! She was seeing Fred, George and the rest of the Weasleys! Robyn read and reread the letter, her grin widening each time she did. After a few minutes, she shot down the stairs to her parents.