The Kiss

Please tell me what you think, good or bad. I'm a big girl, I can take it ;)

The rain is pouring down on me and him. My heart skips a beat, as he leans into kiss me. I awaken, tears running down my face. God please, why? It's been almost three years, and yet I still have this nightmare. I have never gotten that kiss. Because right where my dream ends, the nightmare begins.

As he leaned into kiss me, something went wrong. I was leaning on a cold brick wall, his arms making a cage around my small, rain soaked body, his dark hair dripping into his face as he smiled, leaning into kiss me. Then, he just stopped. A shot had rung out. He fell into me, his added weight, and the loss of my leg strength, making me fall down the wall.

I remember his heat slowly leaving his body, his blood draining onto me. For hours it seemed I sat, his body growing colder and colder, but apparently it was only minutes, before a women, attracted by my hysterical screams, came running on a cell phone. She ended her call and called 9-1-1.

She held me as we waited for the police, I don't remember what she said, only that it stopped the screaming, and I switched to silent tears. As I think back, I remember the small details, like the fact that his head was in my lap, and I was cold. Then it all goes black.

Help arrived, and the lady stayed with me to the hospital. Two weeks later I wake up to my Mother sobbing beside me. I was hit by the bullet too, and another crazed my shoulder, from loss of blood, I had gone into a coma, and as I had fallen, I had broken my arm.

A month later my Mom took me home. I hated everything, and just wanted to die, the pain was so intense, I had lost an amazing guy, I blamed myself. We had been in the park, and he had proposed to me, I had said yes, and as it started to rain, I had gotten up, and grabbed his hand. I was the reason we were in the alley.

I am 22 years old now, I still wear the ring, on a chain around my neck. I freak when someone touchs it. It feels like a betrayle to him. I had dated him since I was 15... I was so in love with him.

This is too hard, I shouldn't have tried.