1

Christopher

Christopher

I have been waiting for the day to get out of this cell since the moment I stepped in. I have spent the last three years of my life in this shit hole and I am anxiously waiting until the week ends to be set free into the world again. I didn't plan to change my life when I got out except for being more careful to not get caught.

I know what you're thinking, how can he just get out of prison after three years and still be in the streets? Well it's simple, I have business to take care of and I can't go out like a hoe waiting on death everyday while I try to change my life. I have a daughter I need to take care of and not to mention my momma who is getting older and needs to be taken care of as much as she denies it.

I have an older brother who has his life together and I hate him for it. He just up and left the city one day and left me and momma to take care of ourselves. I was fourteen when he left and that's when I started being bad in the streets. The older dudes from my block taught me how to serve blocks, carry guns, and know that there is only one way out of this life. I am aware that by getting out and going back to what landed me here in the first place is dangerous and stupid, but it's the only life I know. I can't go out there again and look like a bitch trying to figure out life the proper way. Plus I have a face card and I know that I am very disliked, that's just like asking to be killed.

I just hope that when I get out everyone and they momma ready because I'm coming back for my throne as the king of the streets. My folks have been telling me about these hood dudes that have been acting up since I've been in here and I plan to shut all that down the moment I get out. I hate cocky dudes. They think since I've been locked up they get to play kingpin or something but I'm about to show them.

Amala

Amala

I looked in the mirror as I cleaned myself up. I was cleaning the wounds on my face for the last time I hoped. I had been doing this for the last two years and I am finally fed up. My dad had been beating me everyday for the last two years and today I planned for it to stop. My dad was a deadbeat, he has cheated on my mom since they've been together and he used to beat her everyday after he came home from being in the streets all day.

One time he was hitting her so bad that I had to jump in to stop him from killing her and ever since then he started hitting me. My mom didn't care, she was so tired of him that she started doing heavy drugs just so she wouldn't feel anything anymore. He made my mom pay every bill but since she wasted all her money on drugs, that responsibility went to me. There has been times where we've had nothing to eat, or water to shower, or some heat to keep us warm in the winters. I hated my life, all I did was suffer and I was ready to leave with my mom to begin a new life away from the man that ruined ours. 

I built some acquaintances in the city as I grew older and one of the guys that I've been growing a bond with, decided to help me and my mom escape my dad. I had told my mom about the plan I had but she was too high to remember anything I said.

I finished cleaning myself up and changed into some comfortable clothes. I snuck out of my window to meet with the guy that would help me. I walked a couple of streets to my house to the location where he was already waiting.

"Wassup ma, you ready?" He asked

"Wassup ma, you ready?" He asked. "Yeah let's go." I said nodding my head. I met Marshall a couple months back with a busted face and ever since then he's been somewhat helping me with my situation but today, he was going to get me out. We drove back to my house in his car and when we got there I hopped out quickly to put all the things I packed today in his car. I made sure to be really quiet because I didn't want my dad to wake up and stop us. I went over to the room where my mom was and saw her laying in a fetal position. I went over to her and tapped her lightly, she didn't wake up so I started shaking her a bit. She suddenly opened her blood shot eyes and looked around quickly. I put my index finger to my lips to signal her to stay quiet. She nodded her head and got out of the bed so that we could make our way to the car.

As we were about to walk out I hear loud stomping coming from upstairs getting closer. I grabbed my moms hand and ran to the front door and opened it. As I was about to make it outside I feel my hair being yanked so I pushed my mom out of the door and yelled "RUN!" She ran out of the door and Marshall came in fighting my dad so he would let me go. My dad was able to swing at me decking my chin as Marshall tackled him to the floor. My dad groaned and I ran out the door to the car. I quickly hopped in checking on my mom and when I turned to look out the window I saw Marshall running towards the car. My dad was a couple of feet behind but Marshall was able to outrun him and make it in the car as he hit the locks. My dad reached the car banging on the windows and Marshall just sped off.

It worked. After all the suffering I've been through, I have finally escaped that pain that I needed to get away from. I am now ready to live my life free from pain.

Hello lovelies. Started working on this new story let me know what you think so far about the characters and the story line so far. It is 100% made up and something that I've been thinking of writing for a couple months.