Chapter 13: The Circus of The Night!

Deep in a forest, just a bit further out of Mustafu City; Izuku was puking beside a tree as Ren rubbed Izuku's back, trying to help while apologize profusely.

"Was that double barrel roll...  necessary Sensei...?"  Izuku said in between breaths.

"Sorry... I got a bit carried away.  Seriously, my bad Izuku..."  Ren replied with an apologetic look on his face.

Izuku spits out the last bit of vomit and wipes his mouth clean of any remaining residue.  

"You all good now?"  Ren asked.

Izuku then stands back up and gives Ren a thumbs up.

"Alright, let's get to work.  How about we stick to walking for now?"  Ren said as he began to walk in a certain direction of the forest, to which Izuku promptly follows.

"So, where is this circus anyway?"

"Should be just a bit further up.  Stay on your guard though.  Got no idea what kind of scum could be lurking around these parts."

"Right!"  Izuku replied.

They continue to walk in silence, making their way towards the circus while sliding down small steep hills and jumping over some streams and tree roots as they do, occasionally being forced to swing off of tree branches.  Izuku follows about 5 paces behind Ren and takes the exact path that he does.

Ren looks back at Izuku however and the look on his face said it all.  Izuku was genuinely scared.  Although he was trying to keep a strong front, he was practically sweating buckets.  Constantly wiping his hands of sweat, taking deep and heavy breathes, his eyes nearly filled with fear and unease and his hands shook slightly as he tried to hold them still.

"Bet you're glad we did all that free running training now huh?"  Ren asked Izuku, trying to ease the tension Izuku is feeling.

"Huh...?  O-oh!  Yeah!"  Izuku replied.  "I-it seems it's really useful here in this kind of terrain!"

"Remember when we first started free running?  You know, those two buildings that had those huge gaps?  I remember you didn't make the jump on one of those and was hanging onto the edge for dear life.  Help me sensei!  I'm losing grip!  Oh, goodbye cruel world!"  Ren said in a high pitched voice, teasing Izuku.

"I-I didn't say that!"  Izuku replied back.

"I don't know...  Sure sounded that way to me."  Ren replied.  "Then I had to save your sorry behind and then deal with the waterworks for like 20 minutes."

"Sensei!  Stop teasing me!"

Ren chuckles at the memory of it to which Izuku smiles as well as he looked at Ren laughing.  

"Hey, but it helped didn't it?"

"Huh...?"  Izuku said confusingly.

"Your hands, they've stopped shaking."

Izuku looks down at his hands to realize that Ren was right.

"You... Knew...?"

"Of course I did, what kind of teacher would I be if I didn't notice that my student was scared?"

Izuku puts his hands in his hoodie pockets shyly.

"I-I'm sorry sensei...  I know that this is an important matter...  But I just can't help it you know?  I mean, this is a real villain after all!"

"Fear is a completely normal feeling, it's how you manage it that matters."

Ren lifts up a bundle of tree branches up and signals Izuku to walk through, to which Izuku does.  Ren then continues leading the way.