Chapter 1: Prolouge_2019

No one knows where 'it' began, but for me, it all started in a small quiet suburb near a huge pine forest.

I was sleeping when I heard an ambulance rush past our house which made me jump out of my bed. I was always a light sleeper and I would wake up to the slightest sounds.

Suddenly I heard the door creak open... „Ezekiel!! I'm back!" My sister Emma shouted. She just got back?! I thought to myself. It's 1 am for god's sake.

I was getting out of bed, when suddenly, I heard a high pitch noise in my brain. It felt horendous, like my head was being cut to pieces....

Not long after my vision went black and I fainted...

*Thug*

I woke up seeing Emma's worried face „What happened?" I asked with a weak voice. „I heard a noise in your bedroom so I hurried upstairs. Then I saw you lying on the floor." my sister said. „Are you ok?" she asked.
„yeah" I replied exhausted.

I looked at the clock. „Why were you coming home just now by the way? Dont you have a class in the morning?„Yeah but we had a small problem at work. My boss got sick and fainted so we had to call the ambulance and I had to stay there for a while." Emma replied with a sigh. „Coincidentally there were a lot of cases of the same cause that night.
Thats why I got worried when you also fainted. You'll need to get checked up after your class but for now you should rest."

My head was still feeling heavy, so I decided to go on a little a stroll outside. I was walking to our neighborhood, but for some reason I had this strong gut feeling. I felt something or rather someone was distinctly following me. I tried to brush it off but then suddenly...something touched my shoulder.

„YO ZEKE!"

My soul almost left my body. „Where did you come from you scared the living shit out of me!"

Xavier laughed at my horrified expression.

Xavier is my best friend, we've known each other since I moved here 13 years ago.

Two hours passed and I was walking to school with Xavier and Terry. We were walkingin a certain remote road since the schoolbus didnt show up. We rarely saw any cars but we thought nothing of it. But then we saw our schoolbus wrecked upside down.

We tried to call an emergency hotline but to no avail. I also tried to call my sister, but it seemed like there was no signal.

I started panicking, I popped open my inhaler took few deep breaths to calm down my breathing and after that I checked if there was anyone on the bus. There was not a single passenger... How did it turn out this way then?

There must be a driver atleast, there is no other explaination to that, I told myself. We shouted for help but there was no response which didnt suprise me one bit because there were no houses nor any buildings, except for a small car repair shop.

We went to the repair shop to see if there is anyone. The front door creaked.

„Hello??...Anyone??" my voice echoed throught the shop

I told Terry wait for us outside and look for any cars passing by while Xavier and I check for anyone inside. „You alright??" Xavier said

„Yeah completly fine, why??" While faking a smile...Xavier glared at my hand. I realised my hands were shaking...I giggled nervously.

...*Crash**

*Clank*...

„Arghh!! Arghhh!...No get away!!!"

We looked at each other...We then immedietly realised.

Terry!!!

We rushed to go outside.... And then for the first time in our life we saw something so horrendous....

Then I remembered a story my mother once told me about monsters..

Well....This was something much much much worse.