Robot Love(gxg)

Carina Yang, 27, Mechanical and electrical engineer and local university professor.

Carina's POV:

They say falling in Love is supposed to be fun and change your life. But they left something out-that it may change your life, but not always for the good

What if things go wrong?

I also fell in love with someone I wasn't supposed to. No, it wasn't illegal or anything; it was impossible and unnatural.

Her name is Leonor, and she is an AI robot that I made for my fourth Annual Scientist Award. This invention gave me everything a person can hope for in this life; it gave me recognition, gamesand riches. But yet something. was missing and that's Love.

Never in my 27 years of existence did I believe in love, obviously, except from my family and dogs but the idea of loving someone forever unconditionally seemed a myth.

I am Carine Yang, and at 27, I received everything a man could ever hope for in the world. But that's when I realised I'd got everything, but still, it felt as if something was missing.

That's when I decided to make another one of my world-class inventions, the software that enables one to contact forces outside of planet Earth.

Yes, I mean the forces we termed aliens. This idea was approved by the government, and I chose to collaborate on it with the assistance of my AI robots, named Leonor.

It was a year from then that me and my artificially intelligent robot named 'Leonor had gotten quite close to discussing this invention.

And that's when I realised that every time Leonor looks at me, it kind of makes my heart flutter.

It was then one evening in October:

I was in my lab working on the data codes when someone knocked on my door. It was a rainy evening, and my employees had already gotten home for the day, and only me and Leonor were there. I was working alone in the shaggy evening in my laboratory.

Over the course of a year, me and Leonor have gotten quite close compared to my colleagues in my lab. I don't know if there's something about her that makes me want to spend time with her and get to know her more. I always felt like there was more to robots than just a few codes and software.

I don't know how I spaced out, but I realised it when Leonor kept waving her hand in front of me, trying to get me back in my groove. But when I did look up to face her, she smiled lightly. "Onh, Carina, I thought I lost you for a while there. For a brief moment, she giggled.

Oh, God! Her laugh is so heavenly and melodious that I just wanted to sit there and hear her laugh all day.

Ohh shit!! That sounds creepy after hearing someone giggle all day. Opps, I've been losing my mind ever since my robot. Lol.

Today is the day we are supposed to finish all the code, and I have already completed my part. However, Leonor volunteered to do the proofreading, so I gave it to her.

She was studiously working on the desktop, and it was kind of an aware silence. between us, so I asked her, "Hey, what do you think of a robot falling in love with a human?" It was kind of a tricky question that I knew, but I still don't mind it anyway.

When I asked her that question, she looked away from the desktop screen and towards me for a few long seconds. Then she answered, "Um, Ms. Yang, that's a tough question. I kind of don't know how to answer it. But why did you ask me this?"

She looked straight into my eyes as she spoke, which kind of made her look a bit intimidating, but I looked away from her and answered, "I was thinking, What if some day I fall in love with you? Even though you are a robot and I am a human, how are you going to react?"

She looked shocked to hear what I said. "Ms. Yang, if that happens, I don't know, but it kind of seems natural because when you invented the robots, I know you made sure to make them compliant enough to use for sex purposes along with work and other stuff. With proper human organs-blood flow, brain, heart, and everything else.So a robot created by you is closer to being a nearly perfect human than just a robot.".

"Yes Leo you are correct but if I say that I like you, no scratch that, I Love you, what's going to be you're reaction". I quickly opened her eyes.

"Then, I shall say I love you too Ms. Yang but I'm not sure if you are just testing my features or it's all honesty because what I felt for you was that for a long time, I didn't want to say anything cause you already have a girlfriend, I assumed. And I thought that you had made me so how can you feel something for me other than being proud of your own invention.". Leonor said.

"I honestly love you leonor and no, I'm not testing I know I have made you and I shouldn't feel this way towards something I made with all my knowledge and power, but you always being so sweet and all to me kind of made me fall for you. It's kind of embarrassing to fall for a robot but I can't help it. And you don't have to say it back, because I know you are just saying it because you were programmed to say it." So, I got up from my swivel chair and headed towards the door.

But Leonor beat me to it; she quickly pulled me by my wrist and pinned me to the door, "I love you Ms. Yang and you out of all people should know that I am not programmed to say so because you made me with AI at first, then upgraded me with human, organs, function and all. She looked down at my lips and back up to my eyes.

"I also have what you have: a heart with blood, a brain with intelligence and a body with emotions and feelings. I have liked you for a long time Carina & yet I haven't said anything because I feared you might not return them, but now that you have confessed to me, I'm proudly saying that I Love you and you too." She said that and hugged me.

"But what about your girlfriend, that snobby-birch-named- Cersai? What would she say? I'd say she knows this. Even though I do not give a flying shit about what she thinks., Leonor said, pouting.

I laughed, "Oh, is someone jelly? Don't worry, my baby I only love you and she isn't my girlfriend; she was just a distraction for a oh, so hot robot of mine, you know". She looked down, embarrassed.

I lightly coughed, trying to cover up a laugh "And my little Leonor, I just heard swearing somewhere and I think I definitely should reboot you. Huh," I quickly pecked her lips.

"I most definitely do not need a reboot, Ms. Yang," she said, pretending to be angry.

She then pushed me back lightly and kissed me hard, I was shocked at first but I quickly gained my senses back and started kissing her back with the same intensity.

She was the one to break it off. " I love you so much, Ms. Carina Yang." I smiled, still breathless from our earlier make-out session. "I love you too. My favorite AI robot."

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said, "I'm your only robot."

THE END

Writer D.

(1282 Words.)