Chapter 1: The Walk Home

I walked down the darkened road, wind rushing against my face blowing my hair in an uncomfortable position. As I went to fix it a car drove by a gust of wind shortly after. I sigh with defeat letting my hair do as it pleased.

After a few more steps I looked at my wrist, now bear and cold, the twitching had gotten worse from earlier. I was barely able to keep my hand open fully at this point. I turn my hand around looking at my now blood riddled knuckles, “Damn, that kid can really take a punch.” I shake my hand in hopes to wash some of the pain away but it only makes it worse.

Another couple of steps the same car that passed me not too long ago passed me yet again however this time there was a screech. The noise was enough to make me stop dead in my tracks and slowly look back but half way BANG. The slam of a car door shook me to my core as two more could be heard as I started running as fast as my legs could carry me. Each step felt like an eternity praying that they would be slow enough for me to get home without them ever laying a finger on me. 

  My long dark hair waved in my face but i didn't try to push it out of my way i was focused on getting out of there as soon as i humanly could. My footsteps echoed followed only by the three heavier footsteps not too far behind. My mind starts to wonder as I think to myself, “what did i do to deserve this? Haven't I been good to everyone? Haven't I helped all in need? Why me? Why now?” As my emotions grew louder and louder I started to speed up leaving my chasers far behind. That didn't stop me from running though, I just kept going until I was home. At this point I didn't care if I woke mom or dad up. I needed to be safe.

I ran in through the door slamming it behind me. My worries about waking my mother were cut short once i saw her standing in the hallway waiting for my arrival. 

“ Jasmine Maylin Darson. Where have you been?! It is three in the damn morning.”

“Mom, I'm sorry. I- “ i stammered but she cut me off

“Just get to bed. I'll deal with you in the morning.” she walked off to her room leaving me there. I just stand there taking everything in. It happened so soon and i didnt know how to put it all together. After a few minutes I pick myself up and head to my room taking my jackets off, laying down, and slowly drifting to sleep.