harsh love

Let's start it all from the beginning, shall we? how y/n moved from Liyue into the countryside in Mondstadt. walking through the big open gate, starting a fresh start. greeting the guards, which will become a daily thing. greeting your new neighbors as well. maybe even becoming friendly with Sara, the cook. as you move into your new home, you take in the air.

and you look all around you, to slowly take it all in. how nervous but excited you were for this. as you set up your bed, bookshelf, drawers, and even your closet, you're already worn out. you didn't want this day to end though. the tavern was only just a minute walk away. you get yourself dressed in your comfy shorts, and slightly tight fitting shirt, and you go out walking.

even though you're super tired, you just really needed a drink after this. and besides, you heard there was really good wine at this tavern. you walk in and see the usual type of people you'd see. some alcoholics, a few knights here and there, and the bartender. you sat down on the stool closest to the wall, and order a nice refreshing wine. bartender nods, you give him the money, he makes the drink. which of course lets you think of how fast this is all moving. time not slowing down even a bit.

but, as you're thinking, in the slight corner of your eye you see something- or someone- blue. now that it's caught your attention, of course you look over and. my. god. there he sits on the stool opposite of the wall you're by. his eyepatch over one eye, yet that cold blue eye glimmering at you. you stared for a few seconds before shying away.

thank god the bartender got your drink just as you did. you started chugging the whole thing of wine, as your face was slightly flustered from that good-looking man.

you feel his eye contact never leaving you. then he finally says from across the bar, "Hello, strange but kind traveler." with a slight smirk. you can't help but look at him. "Hey!" you say, secretly nervous. "So how'd you end up in Mondstadt?" he asks. "I just needed a fresh start from Liyue, it was just so crowded for me." as you replied.

there were a few seconds of him just staring at you blankly, as if he didn't seem so surprised. "Did.. you ever hear about the serial killer in Liyue getting caught, by any chance?" the man asks. "Yeah! I knew of the people he killed too, it breaks my heart.", you did in fact know all the people the man murdered.

but that wasn't really the reason you moved. he's already been caught, anyway. you finally notice the time and gasp, as it's already 11 pm. " Ah! it was nice meeting you, good sir! what's your name again?". the man replied only with "Kaeya", again with that smirk and slight buzz of alcohol you saw on his face.

"Have a good night, Kaeya!" you say as you walk out the door and start walking home. one thing you already loved about Mondstadt, is that they let cats and dogs roam free. you got to stop and pet a cat or dog every few seconds while you were still buzzed.

you finally walk in your door and immediately felt the urge to just sleep. walking into your bedroom, and collapsing out on the bed is just what you did.

crawling into blankets and listening to crickets chirp outside your window. getting so comfy in that new hous- did I just hear something? no, it couldn't be, right? it's just the first spooks of the house. you try telling yourself that, but it just isn't right. footsteps. someone is in my house.

  you try and sit straight up, but they come closer and louder until you feel a hand, or glove, cover your mouth and shove your head back down to the pillow. "y/n, you have to be more careful when walking home. do you know how paranoid I was, thinking I'd have to kill one of the dogs that would bite you?" you pause.

Kaeya's voice right up against your ear. as you try and push him away, he grabs your hands and flips on top of you. slowly getting your hands above your head and holding them down with one hand, like a vulture. the other hand still covering your mouth. he adjusts himself until his lap is up against between your legs, already getting comfortable with this situation. "y/n, even though I'm wearing gloves, I can already feel how soft your skin is. so heavenly." he gloats. his face getting all red.