Chapter 1

The first thing Liv did when she woke up was stare at the ceiling.

Another day to keep breathing, Liv. She thought to her self.

It was a Monday and she was in no condition to do anything real yet. 

But I'll get up to see you, of course. She whispered, looking at a photo on her bedside table.

Liv! Her bestfriend, Clare barged in her room again.

Clare, seriously, where were you when mankind was introduced to the concept of knocking?

Liv stood up, rolling her eyes.  When she met Clare Jcobs in college, she definitely didn't expect them to click in any way.  Liv's not ugly, but she looked pretty awkward. She had deep black hair that's always kept shoulder-length, and big, grey eyes. Her ribs didn't stick out but she was an average size 8. Too fat, of course, for everyone's eyes. Clare was the typical hottie complete with long brunette curls, a tiny waist and  smokey green eyes. She actually looked like a black-haired mammoth beside Clare. Not to mention Liv's allowance being Clare's Prada money. But they did get along well, during that disgusting PE class they both had to take because all the other classes were full. Clare was disowned by her family after graduating anyway, after she decided she wanted to be an actress in the independent film industry, although she ended up a gym instructor instead. Liv moved in with Clare four months ago, after her dad got remarried. 

I'm not sure but I was probably busy making my bestfriend's ex-boyfriend leave because she's not going to be happy about him waiting for her outside her apartment. Clare answered, sarcasm written all over her face.

Clare, what the hell? Tell him to leave because I've got work at 10 am and I'm running late.

I already told him that! I even told him you'll probably sleep in because you were drunk last night, said you went over a random guy's place and got home at 2 am!

Anndddd?

Well, he said he'd wait for you anyway. I think that dude's got it bad. 

He's starting to get scary. I can't go there. He'll be like, 'I'll do whatever you want, you don't even have to love me' and all that shit. And he's going to cry for god's sake! You know I can't handle the crying, Clare!

Clare grabbed Liv's shoulders and looked her in the eyes. Liv, look at me. You have got to go there. You have tell him to fuck off once and for all. And no, I don't mean you saying sorry and that it's also  hard for you to let everything go. Tell him it was never really a good idea for you guys to get together, that he's a sissy and he's better off with fifth-grader. If you want him out of your life for good, you have to make him hate you. Clear?

You know what, Clare? Liv answered, straightening her shoulders. You're right. I'm gonna have to slap his butt in a non-seductive way.

Liv dragged herself downstairs, finding Rob sitting on the couch. He's still gorgeous as ever with his blond, messy hair and deep blue eyes. I can't believe I have to do this again. Liv thought, meeting Rob's piercing stare. 

Rob, quit it. I really, really don't want you in my life anymore. Livs voice was shaking, though he didn't take her eyes off Rob's.

Liv, listen to me-

No, Rob, you listen. Liv cut him off before he gets to her. I can't do it. Okay? I don't know, I'm just not girlfriend material. Or maybe you're just not my type. Rob, I'm sorry, okay? There's just nothing you can say anymore. I never want to see you again.

With that, Liv turned her ice-cold back on Rob and went back to her room. 

So what happened? Liv gasped at the sound of Clare's screeching voice. 

 Can you please stop that? Liv scowled at Clare.

Stop what? Clare was playing her stiff bestfriend again. It was why she was there, to balance out Liv's grey world.

Whatever. Clare was too tired, it was just just 9 am and - It's 9 am. Shit I'm late!

Could you relax a bit? I'm sure Mrs. Kennedy can handle a few minutes alone. Clare was calm, watching Liv search for a towel in the pigty she calls her room. 

You know I have to be there before Seth. Liv rushed to the bathroom, almost slamming the door.

Liv? Clare gently knocked.

What?! Liv hated having bad mornings.

Don't cut, okay?