The Past, Present and Stiles

Crossing the line into Beacon Hills, Stiles could not believe that their was no difference anywhere, it was like he stepped back in time and returned to his years in high school. Even though it had been three years since he last returned to his hometown, he could not get over what he could see, the houses were all the same, the shops were as well and soon enough.. yep his house was still the same too.

Although he was a little disappointed to see that nothing had changed, he felt relieved to see that his home hadn't, he let out a soft sigh as he pulled up next to his dad's police cruiser and smiling when he noticed the front door opening and his Dad was smiling back waiting.

"How is my favourite Sheriff?" He said cheekily as he almost stumbled out of his jeep, very classic Stiles, before walking up to wrap his arms around his Dad.

"I see the academy hasn't knocked that cheekiness out of you" Noah said returning the hug "welcome home son".

"Thanks Dad, I missed you too, man the things I could tell you, probably don't compare to all your war storied so but I have a few, and ..."

"Lets get you inside first Stiles and unpacked" Noah interrupted, steering Stiles back towards his jeep to retrieve his bags before taking them inside.

As Stiles stepped through the threshold with his bags he noticed that the house was completely the same, it really had felt like he went back in time "nothing new going on then"? He asked whilst heading up the stairs.

"Not that I can think of, why"?

"Nothing... just nothing seems to have changed you know? I thought returning here after these few years, at least something would be different but it's all the same, even this room" he exclaimed as he dropped his bags onto his bed.

His room was probably the only room that had be updated in the last five years, after the Nogitsune and the drama with Theo, his Dad decided his room needed a make over so he got a double bed, a new desk and a new colour to his room. He thought it was pointless to do before going to college but his Dad insisted, saying it was enticing enough for him to return, but at that time he was more than 95% sure he was never going to come back... so much for that aye.

"Well, if you want to make some changes to this house you only have to say son" his Dad said as he placed the remaining bags onto the bed.

"Really"?

"Of course, I wouldn't mind a change thinking about it, I just never done it before because I am always at work and well you were always at school and then college so it was pointless until now".

"Yeah, your right, I will see what I can do, although I don't know what my hours will be at work yet" he said giving his Dad a pointed look, raising his eyebrows "care to tell me Boss"?

"It's Sheriff to you, brat and we will discuss it tomorrow at work, come down in the morning and we will go over things, might as well get you started before you decide to leave Beacon Hills for good this time".

"I suppose I can do that Sheriff and don't tempt me to leave earlier than planned", he knew it was a sore topic, if it wasn't for his Dad begging him to come and start his work experience at his station he would not have returned.

"Good, well I am on the early shift so I will leave you to unpack and get settled, I will be downstairs for an hour or so before retiring for the night" his Dad said as he walked towards the bedroom door.

"Ok Dad, get some rest and I will see you in the morning" he said as he started to unpack, happy that he didn't have much to do.

"Goodnight Son" his Dad said as he walked out and down the stairs.