oneshot once again

Another short love story:

Jesse

By: Christian Gucayane

Intro: Backstory.

Howdy there, the name's Jesse Whitlock. Just kidding. I don't have an accent. I just like talking like that. Umm, let's see here. This is already off to a bad start. Okay... introduce yourself and backstory... very very specific, Jamie... Okay, whatever. My name is Jesse Whitlock and I live in SoCal. I have a loving boyfriend named Jamie Hale. I am currently using a speech-to-text to write this out. I lived in Henderson, Nevada. My school district was Clark County School District. I grew up in a white and Mexican family. This is definitely going to be longer than Jamie's story. Ummm... Why are the notes so vague... I'm gonna write this like Jamie's. I'm 24 years old as of 2023. I am 6' tall and I live in a small but cozy apartment in Malibu. I graduated with a master's degree in English. Also... this is after Jamie's dream of me. (He knows he liked it.) 

Please... shut up. I gave you notes. Stick to them. 

I used to have a rich family. But when they decided it was time for me to leave, they kicked me out. They left me with not a lot of money. I used that money to move in with Jamie. I didn't pay rent because I came from a family that didn't even let me think about taxes. After Jamie knocked some sense into my empty brain, I learned human values and I also learned a very important skill called love. Anywaysies, after Jamie's breakdown, I felt bad for him. I sat next to him on the couch and I got... close enough to the "romantic range" with him. For no reason. When that happened, I learned I am capable of loving. At this point in our relationship, we are comfortable holding hands. (And kissing) SO yeah. MY LIFE IS... word for 'amazing'... not fabu-... SPLENDIFEROUS. Yeah... MY LIFE IS SPLENDIFEROUS. (Oh yeah, Coronavirus still exists, by the way.)

Part 1: Halloween.

It was Halloween and Jamie was in the bathroom getting ready for the costume contest. When he got out of the bathroom, he looked embarrassed.

"Why did I order this costume? I even got the wrong size. It's oversized." He said through his mask.

"What's wrong with it? I think you look cute. This one's too small." He was a cowboy from the future or something like that. It was some video game costume. "If you're gonna complain, look at me first. I look like a white-washed Japanese archer."

"Hey, that chest area looks tight." That was true. It basically pressed against my heart.

"Wanna switch costumes?" We switched costumes and within an instant, I became... Jesse. (Though I was weirder.) We somewhat resembled the characters our costumes were based on. (Though Jamie looked more Cauc-Asian than East Asian.) "Me gusto mucho." He started laughing thinking I was joking but once he realized I wasn't, he started blushing.

"I'm sorry... I don't speak Spanish. I'm gonna live with 'You just said chili con queso.'" His face was already red. He turned around to hide his face from me. I chuckled at him.

"Jamie, Lighten up a little. You look tense." I hugged him from behind, wrapping my arms around his waist. I felt his shoulders tense up. I was softly but noticeably laughing the whole time. I decided he was stressed enough so I stopped. At this point, I was laughing in a loud, boisterous manner while he was, what would be considered, hyperventilating.

"Jesse, I will kill you." We walked out of the door but as soon as he walked out, I wrapped my arms around his waist again. "JESSE. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?"

"I liked it." We were like that for a good 20 seconds.

"O-Okay, we have to go now."

"Fine. Can I do this when I get back?" He "lovingly" rolled his eyes.