The Waiting Room

Just a little oneshot that has been clawing at my mind to be written. I do want to say that I don't usually write stories that are supposed to be sad, but I gave it a shot and here we are. Hope everything looks good and that those who manage to stumble upon it will enjoy it.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any character used from HxH or the song that inspired this story. Enjoy~❤️

How many times has it been this year that he's needed to stop his work just to be called down to this wretched hospital? Three? Four? Or was it every two weeks durning each month? See! That's how you know he's come down here so often that he's even forgotten the count of his visits.

What is the reason of it now? Did his idiot son fall off another mountain? Or did he climb too high on another bridge? Goodness, he'll never understand why his son couldn't find a hobby that wasn't too dangerous. The higher beings know that he causes enough stress to his aunt and grandma for being a rather outgoing teen.

The man who's name was Ging Freeces, calmly walked into the hospital and made his way towards the front desk. He didn't need to rush the nurse, seeing as he guessed that it wasn't anything serious.

"Hello, sir, what can I help you with?" The tired older woman asked, setting her phone down and on its stand.

"Uh yeah, I received a call saying that my son was brought in yesterday. I just want to know if he's okay. His name is Gon Freeces"

Ging noticed how the woman seemed to pause for a moment before turning back to her computer to search his son up. Once she found him she typed in a number on the phone and found out further information on his whereabouts.

"Well it looks like he was just taken out of the ICU after his surgery. He's being looked after at this moment by the doctor." She stated, setting the phone down once more."You can see him in a couple of minutes once the doctor is done."

"What exactly even happened?" He asked, a little irritated that the woman barely even gave a reason why his son was even brought in.

"From what I was told, he was brought in because he was in a car accident. They brought him  around 12:00 in the morning and quickly rushed him into the back room." She explained in that tone that made you feel like she was trying her best to mask her indifference about the patient's whereabouts.

What an insensitive woman.

Furthermore, it's 1 in the afternoon. Meaning his son has been here for more than 10 hours.

"You're welcome to take a seat until you're able to see him" The nurse gestured towards the waiting room.

The man didn't need to be told twice and walked over to join the other people who were impatiently waiting.

"GING!!" A woman's voiced screeched.

Everyone turned to the younger woman who marched over to the man and grabbed him by the front of his shirt.

"How dare you show up at this hour!!?" She asked, shaking him as tears rolled down her eyes."Gon has been in surgery for over six hours! I called you ever since I was called down here. How dare you not be here sooner!?"

Truth be told he wasn't able to make it here sooner because he was passed out from the intensive research he had been doing yesterday. And to top it off he had to find the fastest train that got here today. It wasn't even a cheap trip at that.

"Sorry, Mito," He bashfully said, trying to pry her hands from his clothes."Besides, he's okay, right?"

She frowned at his words."You idiot! His legs are in a cast and he has a couple of scrapes and bruises. The doctor told me that he was lucky that aside from that he didn't suffer any graver injuries! Why can't you be a more responsible father?"