S I X

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"Where are you going, Naomi?" Mom asks.

I turned to her, why is she still interfering with me?

"I will look for my own apartment or condo." I answered.

I heard her scoffed, I know she underestimates me because I don’t own money. But I try to make money, so I look for a job to work.

"Do you have money? Nothing! Think of yourself Naomi!" She shouted.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, that's why I don't want to be here at home because that's all I can receive from her.

"I work hard to have money and my school allowance that you should provide." I said.

I saw her face look different, I know she didn't like what I said but it was true.

"I'm leaving, I still have a job." I said.

I left the house and went to my workplace, I would have looked for an apartment in case they said it was too expensive. But there's nothing wrong with saving money to pay for my apartment, right? When I got to my workplace I immediately changed my clothes, I did what I had to do. I actually have a day-off today, but I liked working today.

I was just surprised when I saw Joshua and his friend, I didn't know him but I knew he was his friend. Joshua's friend approached the cashier and Joshua was looking for a seat for them, he said that when Joshua's friend placed their order, I immediately did my job.

"Excuse me, sir. May I know your name and the name of your friend? It's like the cup of coffee you're going to drink." I said.

"Oh my name is Lee Seokmin, and my friend's name is Hong Jisoo, but you can put his nickname." He answered.

"What is his nickname?" I asks.

"Joshua." He answered.

I nodded, when he finished ordering I immediately named the cup. I made my writings better so that they would like it, I also put a quote for them. That's because our manager said that the cup will be named if they buy a drink, and it's up to us if we put a quote. When they finished cooking, they gave it to me, I immediately gave them their table number to get it.

"Table 13!" I shouted.

I waited a few minutes, and I was just surprised when Joshua took their order. I was ready to give their order, but he was just dumbfounded.

"Uhm sir, here's your order." I said.

When I said, that he was back to his senses. He took their order and went to their place, I know Joshua was very surprised to see me here.

"He's handsome right? Does he already have a girlfriend?" Yerin asks.

"I don't know if he has a girlfriend." I answered.

"The one with him, does he already have a girlfriend?" She asks again.

"I also don't know, we weren't close when we were with him and Joshua and I weren't even close." I answered.

"You are not close but you know his name." Yerin says.

"What I mean is, they are famous in our school and I only talked to him once." I response.

Yerin just shrugged, I just went back to work because later I will leave here to find an apartment. When it was 12 o'clock I immediately left the cashier area, Joshua still did not leave because they ordered another one. I went to our manager's office, wondering if I would knock or not, but I just knocked to leave.

"Come in!" my manager shouted from the inside.

I entered his office and closed the door, I slowly approached him.

"Manager-nim, can i have half a day today I'm going to look for my own apartment." I said.

"What time is it?" He asks.

He looked at his watch on his wrist, he immediately lowered his wrist and nodded.

"Okay you have leave, besides you have day-off every Saturday and Sunday but you still work." He said.

"I am saving for my apartment and for school." I response.

"You are very diligent, go ahead you can leave, and be careful on the road." He said.

I nodded, and after leaving our manager's office, I immediately changed my clothes. When I finished, I immediately went out and said goodbye to my co-workers.

"Be careful Naomi!" Lisa said.

"Yeah I will." I replied.

I went out of the store and immediately looked for an apartment, I would have liked the one near the school. But I heard it wasn't good there, because there were drunks you would pass by. When I saw something I immediately looked at it, I even took the elevator because I knew it was better upstairs.

"The beauty of their elevator." I said.

When it opened I got out of the elevator, I looked to the right. I saw there was no vacancy so just to the left, I went further and I bent at the very end. This is the only vacancy, so I decided to take it.

"It’s a good choice you made, nobody really wants to live at the very end here on the left. I don't know what's here, but I'm thankful that someone will finally live here." The owner says.

I just smiled, we are here inside to look at. At first I thought it was beautiful, especially inside. The owner has already given me the key and he has left, I will really start here. It wasn't too far from the school, and I worked farther away. I went out first and went home, I rented a car first to help me carry my belongings to my room. 

"How much is the fee?" I asks.

"It's not too big, it costs 20 dollars." He answered.

Fortunately I had the money, so I just paid.

"Why isn't the fee too big?" I asks.

"It's not expensive for us, ma'am. We just do our job, sometimes our service is free." He answered.

I nodded, and when they had finished I went with them. Mama was not at home, and I left a letter for her. If she wants to see me, she can come to me. And otherwise I didn't want to force him anymore, when we got to my apartment building I got out of the car. 

"He is on the second floor, room 209." I said.

They nodded, I bought food for them in case they get hungry. When I finished buying I was surprised when someone called me, I don't know where it is. But I was just shocked to see Joshua, I didn’t know what to do.

"I told you Naomi, even if I want to forget you."

"I can't because wherever I go, I see you."

I thought the same, but he can really forget me.

Don't hurt yourself anymore, Joshua.