Muddled chase

I gazed out the taxi window, tired from jetlag, I had glanced at Ez who also seemed jetlagged, hair messier then usual. Despite this, we needed to complete this mission, especially after  recently failed assignments. After our failures, our boss had threatened we'd be fired if we failed again. Thing is, when your part of a gang, "fired" typically meant killed. Therefore, we couldn't afford to mess up. I had been staying as vigilant as possible, a tracking app pulled up on my phone, like google maps but more protected. In case this Taxi driver was some phoney. To my annoyance, he was continually swerving off course.

   "I have shown you the address, where are you going?" I asked him, much more alert by now. The Taxi driver didn't respond, he just jerked his hand back, I rolled my eyes, and said, "If you won't take us to this location, then let us out." He shook his head, then gave me a knowing look, which sent a shiver down my spine. He kept swerving and turning randomly, then I heard a police siren. The taxi driver pulled over. Had we been spotted? Crap! This was all I could think, I had thought we did a good job concealing ourselves, seemingly not. That or this creep had a stalker. I reached for the door; the taxi driver glared at me,

   "Stay." He demanded, his voice deep and serious. I glanced at Ez, he shrugged, giving me a sort of disheartened look. Then a guy strode to the taxi driver's window. Was he here to save us? Maybe part of the gang? I wondered, then the taxi driver rolled the window down, the guy held up a disappointedly plain fake badge. I had to hold in a laugh, what a rookie! Then again if he was here to save us; I'd rather a goldfish, at least that might've distracted the Taxi driver. Then my stomach turned, as the taxi driver held up a badge, but this one wasn't fake.
"Nice try, get in the car," he said, jerking his head to the door, the guy turned to run, but the taxi driver grabbed his arm through his window, and rolled the back window down, finally throwing the guy in. I stared in disbelief, was he really that strong? I reached toward my back-up call button,

"My team can be here much sooner, I'm parked right outside my buddies house," he threatened more then informed. I pulled away; even if I had tried, this man seemed certain he'd stop me, regardless, he looked concerningly stronger. Even if the gang did come to save us, they'd likely punish us somehow, we were on our own. I was Immediately filled with shame as I realized this. Ez and I had bitten off more than we could chew, by looking at him I saw; he was aware of this too. We had been arrested, from the moment we stepped in this taxi. This guy may have been counterfeit Taxi driver, but he was certainly a well-trained police officer, and we were as good as dead.