E I G H T

N A O M I ' S  P O V

"Did you leave our farewell party?" My classmate asks.

"Yes, I left, because my head hurt." I answered.

He just nodded and went back to his seat, I don't talk much to my classmates because I don't know them very well. Our teachers only gave us projects, so I went out of the room to buy equipment. I've come a long way, and I still have money to buy so it's okay. When I finished buying equipment for the project I was going to do, I went back to school and went to the rooftop. This is where I will do my project, I don't want anyone to bother me. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at why it was ringing, when I saw that my Mom had called so I answered it.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Naomi, do you have any money?" She asks.

"I have no money, why Mom what happened?"

"I would have given you money, maybe you need it."

I couldn't speak what my Mom said, it's refreshing especially since she wasn't like this before.

"Mom, you need that more, especially since you're still pregnant." I said.

"I still have savings here for me, but I'll give it to you especially since your graduation is near." She said.

I didn't notice that I cried, I just heard it from her.

"T-thank you, Mom. I really need it now." I said.

"Just come here to the house, it's okay that you won't live here anymore." She said.

I said goodbye to her and hung up the call, I just focused on doing my project. When I finished, I left the rooftop and went to the faculty, because the teachers said that when we were done, we would pass.

"Oh, you're finish?" The teacher asks.

"Ah yes ma'am, I still have a lot of projects to do." I answered.

The teacher had already accepted the project I had done, I had left the faculty and gone to the rooftop. Fortunately, I bought a lot of equipment for other projects, while working on the project, I took my phone out of my pocket again. I looked at who it was, but only an unknown number was listed. I didn't answer it but called again, I couldn't do anything so I'll just answer it.

"Hello, who's this?" I ask.

"This is Jackson, are you going to work today?" Jackson asks.

It's just Jackson, I thought who is it.

"Yes, I will work later. Why?"

"I'll be absent later, because I have work to do."

"Why are you telling me that? I'm not your manager." I said.

"As long as you tell me later, I only got your number instead of the manager." He said.

"Yes, I will tell our manager later, I will take care of it." I said.

He thanked me and hung up the call, I turned my attention back to the project I was doing. When I finished I left the rooftop again, I went to the faculty again and gave the Art teacher the project I had done.

"You just gave the project to your adviser, you handed over your project to me." She said.

"Ma'am, I'm in a hurry so I won't have to bother after graduation." I response.

Only two projects were done, only four teachers gave us the project. When it was 4 o'clock I left school, I went to my place of work and got dressed. I went to our manager’s office, I knocked twice before he let me in.

"Good evening, Jackson called me sir. He is absent now, I don't know why he called me." I said.

"Oh thank you for letting me know, Naomi. Go to work." He said.

I just smiled and walked out of his office, I was already at work and I can say I am tired now. Lots of costumers today, of course it's Monday today. Even when it was 8 o’clock there were still costumers, while serving our costumer orders I was spotted opening the door. I saw Joshua enter with Seokmin, I immediately remembered his name. I turned my attention back to serving their orders, I no longer attended to Joshua and Seokmin's order. But when they saw me, Seokmin smiled at me, and Joshua avoided his gaze at me. All I know about Seokmin is that he is always happy, they are always happy but what I hear is that they are always joking.

"Naomi! Please serve it at table 13!" Yerin shouted.

I immediately took it to the cashier area and went to table 13, when I served them Seokmin smiled at me.

"Thank you." He thanked me.

"You're welcome."

"Thank her, Shua." Seokmin said to him.

I knew Joshua was skeptical, but he still thanked me.

"Thank you for serving our order." He said.

"Y-you're welcome."

I went to work again, when the other costumer came out I rested first. It's too tiring but I have to work hard because I'm the only one supporting myself, I really have to work hard.

"Naomi!" Someone called me.

I turned around and saw only Seokmin, I went to where they were sitting and looked at them.

"What do you need?" I ask them.

"We will order ice cream, do you have any more?" Seokmin asks.

"Uhm yes, we still have ice cream. How many pieces?" I asks.

"Two pie—"

"Three pieces of ice cream." Instead of Seokmin, Joshua answered my question.

I just nodded and went to the kitchen, I got three pieces of ice cream. I went out of the kitchen and went to their place, I put the ice cream on the table. I was about to leave when Joshua suddenly took my hand, I stopped and turned to him.

"D-do you need anything else?" I ask him.

"With that ice cream you served, you need to rest." He said instead of answering me.

I looked at Seokmin and he just nodded, but it only added to what they would pay.

"Don't, it's up to you. Maybe you even want to eat ice cream." I said.

"The ice cream is yours, I'll include that in my payment." Seokmin says.

I couldn’t do anything so I just accepted the ice cream, I bowed in front of them.

"Thank you so much, don't worry, I'll pay you." I said.

"No need, when we treat you, we'll treat you." Seokmin says.

I am really thankful because there are still good people even though I have many sins in this world, I would have left but I was stopped by what Joshua said.

"Don't pay for the umbrella I bought you, it's free." He said.

Is he insane?