Introduction

I woke up at Missy's. I checked my phone to find Alex, my sister's text, that brought me wide awake.
"Hi Marie. I hope you're alright. Look, I was talking with Jason, (Alex's husband) and he agrees with me. Marie, you have to stop. You can avoid me all you want, but I will always be here. Waiting. If you would like to stop by this afternoon, I'm sure we could go to maybe Starbucks to talk for a bit. Anyway, give me a call when you can, and I will hope to see you soon. Love ya little sis." Alex just did not understand. I had created a lifestyle for myself. All this time I had listened to her. "Put yourself out there" and "Come on he's such a sweetie just go on one date...for me?" Every person I had trusted let me down. Missy was the only one. Sure I don't quite have a home, but Missy has always been there for me. Running was my thing. And Missy, the good friend she was, always followed. We always found our way back to Woodsburrow, where Ruby would whip us up two hot chocolates (easy on the sugar) and we would sit by the fire while Dave told his stories. Ruby and Dave were Missy's God-parents. They always provided for her. Missy and I had one very strong thing in common. One of our parents had run away, with the other parent giving up on us. Like I said, everyone gives up. Alex was just SO nagging. But, I just had to humor her. She had always been there and I think it is a good time to talk.