Chapter 1

{Because I'm lazy and it's modern au I'm making Hua cheng like 2 years younger- instead of the canon one-}
!This is my own version of hualian so I this will have un canon things!
Hua cheng: 25
Xie lian :27
3rd person
_______________
9:45 pm

Clank! The noise of the dishes hitting the bottom of the sink echos around the small shop as Xie lian continues the dishes before finally ending his shift. He sets the last plate down on the drying rack and takes off his gloves. His  hair starts to fall out the bun as he lets his head rest. Buzz! Buzz! His phone goes off with notifications from Feng xin and Mu qing, the two that never stop fighting. He decided to ignore it and continue to close up the cafe. Putting up his apron and grabbing his bag before grabbing his keys to  lock up the cafe. The streets are quite due to road work so walking home is a calm walk till his phone once again disturbs him. Seeing their calling he reluctantly answers the call with a tired hello before he gets cut off with Feng xin asking "IS TOMATO A FRUIT" "Really Feng xin?" "YES" before he can answer Mu qing interrupts "TOMATOS ARE FRUITS" "NO THERE NOT" "BOTH OF YOU BE QUIET" they settle down and wait for his answer "Tomato's are fruits since they have seeds" "SHIT" "HAH PAY UP" at this point Xie lian's done with them and left the call while Turing down his normal alleyway and making it home. Ughh Xie lian groans while droping his stuff and falling on the couch. Even though his apartment isn't the best Xie lian makes due, and in this moment he falls asleep on his couch.
That night he dreams of the boy he saved, they boy was dressed in rags and has bloody bandages all over him. The boy was holding on to him for dear life but before he could figure out why, his alarm went off.
Beep! Beep! He starts to wake up before realizing it's 10:32 "10?? Already damn I'm late! Wait- I own it" He takes a shower and charge's his phone. After just getting dressed his phone blows up with Feng xin yelling at him for not being there "Hell-" "WHERE ARE YOU?" "I woke up late don't worry" "YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO SHIP OUT THE SUPPLIES TO NAN YANG" "Don't worry I'll be there in time" He grabs his keys just as he says that and hangs up before Feng xin can finish yelling. When he leaves it's 11:10 which isn't that bad if he don't get stopped. After walking for another five minutes he's at the shop without any distractions surprisingly and unlocks it but starts with the shipment for Nan Yang. Xie lian is an ex-mafia member of a group called The heaven realm which is one of the top two groups. The top two would be The ghost realm, and The Heaven's realm. Xie lian got banished twice from his base, 1st he didn't listen to the leader and tried to save his family, and the second when he was rejoined he felt unworthy, thus he left. Now finished with the shipment for Nan Yang he sets it in its normal pickup spot and continues with his day.