Prologue

Today is the fourth anniversary of you (Hajoon) and Yujin. The two of you started dating in middle school.

As soon as your sixth and last period class ended, you received a text message from your girlfriend.

When you enter the rooftop, you feel the wind hitting your face, and you spot Yujin standing by the railing

You look to see that it's just your girlfriend since most of your schoolmates either went home or attended their after-school activities. You walk over to the girl.

You: Daengdaeng!

Yujin turns her head to see you coming.

Yujin: Hey.

She hugs you, but it didn't feel the same as before.

You: Happy fourth anniversary, jagiya!

Yujin: You too.

You pulled away when you heard a different tone from her.

You: Hey, what's wrong? I can't have a sad Yujinnie on our anniversary.

Yujin: Well... I wanted to tell you something, but can you promise me not to be mad?

You start to worry.

You: Mad? Whatever it is, I wouldn't be.

Yujin: But do you at least promise that you won't?

She holds out her pinky for you, causing you to hook your pinky to hers.

You: Ne.

Your girlfriend takes your hands to hers as she takes a deep breath.

Yujin: Joonnie... we... should break up.

Your smile faded away as you stood frozen.

You: W-What? Y-You're joking, r-right?

Yujin didn't say anything, causing you to realize she was serious about breaking up with you on your guys' anniversary.

You: Yah, Yujin-ah!

Your and Yujin's tears start to escape your guys' eyes, and Yujin can't look at you.

You: D-Did I do something wrong during our relationship? Whatever it is, I promise-

Yujin: I-It's not that, Joonnie. It's just...

She lets out a sigh.

Yujin: My feelings for you... faded away a couple of days ago.

You were shocked and speechless.

Yujin: B-But we can be friends, r-right?

You: I...

You feel your heart aching, causing you to turn your back on your now-ex.

You:  I don't know if we'll ever be back together, but...

Now it was your turn to let out a sigh.

You: I wish you the best with somebody new.

You start to exit out of the rooftop, hoping Yujin will catch up to you and tell you that it was a prank, but nothing happens when you open the door.