Chapter 1 : Adjusting

Sorry for the ultra mega delay, some stuff happened and I wasn't able to write from exhaustion. Anyway, here y'all go!

_____________________

The loud beeping of Ink's alarm clock woke him up from his sleep, the sound was annoying but he had to get up as early as possible. Sitting up, he stretched his arms till he heard a satisfying click. He couldn't help but confusingly glance around his room, trying to remember what day it was, sure it was pretty obvious that it's a school day but what day.

That was until his thoughts shifted to yesterday.

He gasped softly after remembering a very important detail from last night. It was quite fun and relieving to know that he's finally not hiding anything anymore. Those past weeks that walked by him really had an impact in his life, probably the worst and best thing that ever happened to him.

He carefully stood up and made his way to the living room to do his morning routine, aka eating. Although he and Error are already in good termd, he can't help but miss his loud snores on the couch. The apartment still felt empty and he has never seen his house this way before.

Maybe I should call him.

Was the thought he had when he sat on the couch, tapping the cushion seat.

But what if he's busy?

Came another thought, he feared that Error might not pick up at all and he'd jump to conclusions already.

All plans just fell to a sigh after realizing that he doesn't have enough guts to even face him. Right now he was nervous about them. He was unsure of their relationship. Also taking in the fact that he wouldn't how he should act around him. Error already had a past relationship with someone so he'd know what to do but Ink? That was a whole different story.

When he was on his way to contact his friends instead due to being a coward, he suddenly heard a knock on his main door. "Who is it?" Ink yelled, stretching his head over the backrest as if he could see the one who's knocking.

The other didn't respond and just continued to knock, making Ink sigh and head over to the door. He twisted the doorknob open and pulled it, revealing a taller man who held a few paper bags. Ink's eyes widened at the sight or Error with a small smile of relief. At first, Ink stuttered and had a hard time spitting a single word from his nervousness. Error looked at him in confusion until Ink finally had the courage to say an actual word. "H-hey!" Ink greeted nervously.

Error reluctantly lifted the bag, clearing his throat. "Breakfast?" Before allowing himself to enter the apartment.

Ink never expected him to visit in the morning but he was glad he decided to.

Error placed the paper bag on the table and pulled out a few boxes of meals. Ink smiled at him and quickly took the pancakes. "So..." Error spoke, increasing Ink's nervousness even more. To be fair, Error was also hesitating to speak, afraid of what he might say that can make the situation awkward.

Error cut a portion of his pancake and stabbed it with his fork, dragging it into his mouth to dissolve. "Got any plans for the week?" He asked.

"Plans? What plan- when I make a plan, it's a tragedy." Ink munches on his food afterward.

Error let out a soft laugh which was contagious as it got to Ink as well.

Ink never felt so comfortable yet uncomfortable at the same time. He was glad that he's hanging out with Error right now but he's feeling insecure and anxious.

"Maybe we can have a picnic with Dream?" Ink suggested.

"I was hoping a date with just the two of us."