Chapter 2: Act 6

Act 6: Deal with the Octopus

༺•༻

"Hello?" You asked for anyone on the school shop but it was plain empty, it was only the stocks. "Where did Sam go?" Grim looked around

"Flora grimoires? Isn't that the thing that characters use to level up?"
"What?"
"Nothing, i thought grimoires will help the students here train their magic"

And there's alchemy tokens too "Where can we find painkillers...." While you were inspecting the exam tokens, you and Grim didn't noticed a pair of footsteps getting near

"How is the little imp doing?"

With a gasp you turned around to face Sam, "Ah, there you are!" Grim jumped off from the small stack of fire grimoires. "Hey Sam, do you have any detergent, fabric conditioner and painkillers? Oh and rice?"

"Hmm, the laundry necessities you asked are on the left aisle. As for the rice, is on the right aisle, for painkillers... follow me" and you followed him to the middle row and saw all kinds of tablets, as if the store has it's own little pharmacy.

"We have different kinds of painkillers, there's even one that cure a tetanus, a bite from a giant wolf if you ever need one because of the savanaclaw students and..." Whoa chill sam, you're gonna make the reader go nuts because of the options

"Okay okay, but i want the one that's for stomachache" Sam then gave you a small jar of the pills you asked, after that, he left you and Grim to grab the other stuff you need.

"Which one is better?" You raised two different brands of detergent in your hands "Detergent is detergent, just pick" Grim yawned and you slapped him with the sachets of detergent "Eeek! What was that for!?"

"Hmph, we need a detergent that's cheap and can get rid of stains easily. Brands here are different from the one in my world, i will have to ask Sam" and Sam told you about the one in your right hand "Alright then, i'll give it a try. If not i want a warranty ^^"

Sam chuckled "Pardon me but you somehow act like a typical mom grocery shopping for goods" when he said that, it reminded you of the times where you and your children would go out shopping "And here's another motherly moment for Y/N" Grim said

After paying, both of you went back to the dorm. To clean. "Woah! The dorm looks more tidy than before" Grim looked at the repaired roof and walls, you tested out the water system by turning on the faucet. "Yosh! It works!"

"Alright Grim, here's the list of chores. First is picking up the fresh laundry" you grabbed a basket and Grim followed you with a scoff "Why can't you just do it by yourself?" You gave him a quick glare "because this is OUR house. Don't forget"

And then he was having a hard time removing the clips that was holding the clean bedsheets "Fgna! These are so hard..." You giggled "Hey! Stop staring and help me!"

"It reminds me of my youngest son" he looked at you confused "What i mean is that when my youngest son used to be angry or irritated, he would make adorable noises and still does it today *sigh* I miss them..."

"Eh? So what are your kids anyway?" Both of you had a conversation while packing the laundry "My oldest daughter is actually shrine maiden, but also an assassin. Middle son is an undercover pop star that hides under a nickname, he is an exorcist but used to be a Shinto priest"

"From priest to pop star, that's a huge promotion" you laughed "Just like how we went from janitors to students. Anyway, my youngest son....is the most troublesome." You bent down to fold the clothes "I think my personality influenced S/N..."