Last dance

Elena Gilbert, a young teenaged girl who had just recently lost her parents and was going through a tough time throughout her journey.
One day Elena woke up and immediately went to write in her diary. She wrote about what she wanted to be when she was older, what she wanted to happen. Elena hoped that one day she'd meet the love of her life and grow old with them. She hoped to get married and start a family and have what she called a happy ending. She wished for her life to turn around and someone to walk in and turn on the switch that's been turned off for so many years. Elena was going through a tough time as it was. She had lost her parents due to a car crash and felt very much alone. She tried to move on but she couldn't. She couldn't take the pain, the anger, the sadness, the guilt. She felt not only alone but not needed nor wanted in the world. She felt hopeless and vulnerable and didn't know how to pull herself back up.
Throughout her years of high school she suffered very much, more then anyone could even think.
One day Elena was at school and had recently met a guy a little while later. His name was Damon Salvatore. Damon was a tall, kind, very good looking gentlemen. He made Elena very happy and made her get back up on her feet when she was at her lowest.

A few months later when Elena was in a good spot in her life and Damon one day had asked her out, and of course she said yes! I mean who wouldn't? He's stunning, has an amazing personality, is caring and is very much protective, and was there for Elena when she was deeply hurting. He turned her life around and made her feel most alive, even throughout the worst times in her life.
They had an amazing life together, the life Elena dreamed to have. They grew up, got married, started a family and both felt very much happy. They were the best couple you could possibly ever meet! Until one day... they weren't so much a couple anymore.

Elena had gotten sick and didn't have very long to live. Even though Damon couldn't bear to watch her suffer and slowly leave the world when going through pain, he stuck with her every moment of every day. Every hour and every lasting night. He told her he'd always be with her even when she took her last breathe.
"Damon... promise me to watch the kids and protect them when I'm gone." Elena says slowly. "Elena, cmon.. don't think like that." He says as he pins her hair behind her ear. "You'll be fine, I promise baby." He said as he kisses her on the four head. "Damon, promise me will you protect them at any cost." She says staring into his eyes. "I promise Elena." He says as he takes her hands and holds them.
"Thank you." She says. "And tell them I love them, and I'll always be watching over them."
Damon smiles slowly and looks down with a tear going down his face. "Damon, look at me. It'll be fine." She says as she lifts his chin to look at her. "Elena, it won't be fine. Have you seen yourself? You're sick and don't have very long." He says.
"I'll always be here Damon. You were there for me, throughout everything. Now let me be there for you." She says as she sits up and then kisses him. She then gets up and grabs his hand to go outside. They walk outside and look at the stars as it starts to rain down on them. "Elena it's raining, lets go inside." Damon says trying to take her hand to go inside. "No wait, it'll clear up. Give it a minute" she says pulling him back slowly and then looking at the stars while rain pours on them. Elena looks at Damon and says "One last dance?". Elena pulls her hand up to the air as he does the same. They start to slow dance and share their last moments together. Elena lifts her lips up to Damon's ear and whispers "I'll be fine Damon. I promise." Damon's face drops slowly as Elena says "I love you. Take care of yourself Damon, be happy." As she gasps and takes her last breathe and drops to the floor. Damon catches her and says "Elena." "Elena, get up." He says moving her hair behind her ears and trying to get her to get up. "Elena... please.." he says. "Please, this cannot be our last moment Elena" he says lifting her up towards him as tears roll down his face. He hears a sudden noise saying "be happy." He looks around wondering what it   was then looks at Elena. "Please don't go." He says whispering under his breathe. He kisses her one last time on the four head then leans his four head against hers.

The end.