Chapter 24: Welcome To U.A.'s Hero Course!

The man in the yellow sleeping bag stood up and began to unzip the bag, taking a step out of it as he does.

"It took all of eight seconds for you all to simmer down, Time is limited.  You kids aren't rational enough..."  The man said in a deadpan tone.

The entire classroom whisper and gossip about the man, all of them asking the same question.  Who is this man?

"Is he a teacher?  But that means that he's a pro hero too, right?  He looks so worn out though, like he's barely had a good night's rest..."  Izuku thought to himself.

"My name is Shota Aizawa and starting today, I'll be your homeroom teacher.  Nice to meet you."  The man announced, much to the class's shock.  "This may be a bit sudden, but put on your gym uniforms and meet me out on the field."

In the teacher's office, All Might was sitting at his desk in his yellow suit, reading the teacher's of U.A. directory.

"U.A. does not follow the traditional path unlike those of more conventional high schools..."  All Might read out loud.  "So, even the first day could become a living nightmare depending on who you get, huh?"

All Might then looks out of the window to look at the city view.  A few minutes pass and all of the students from Class 1-A are all in their gym uniforms.

"Looks like you're all here, good."  Aizawa commented.  "Now we can begin the quirk assessment test."

"Quirk assessment test!?"  The class of 1-A all yelled in unison.

"W-what about the entrance ceremony?  The orientation?"  The brown hair girl yelled.

"If you're going to become heroes, then you have to put such leisurely events aside."  Aizawa replied.  "U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted it's teaching traditions are.  That's how teachers on this premise run their classes."

The class is filled with silence as well as confusion at Aizawa's words.  They all look at each other with faces of worry, besides Katsuki and Izuku, who look ready and unbothered by this sudden announcement.

"You kids have been doing these since junior high, too right?"  Aizawa asked the class as he pulled out a smartphone with all the listed trials of the assessments.  "Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks..."

"Many countries still use average scores taken from the results of students who weren't allowed to use their quirks

"Many countries still use average scores taken from the results of students who weren't allowed to use their quirks.  If you ask me, it's not at all rational.  Regardless, the Ministry of Education is only procrastinating the truth."  Aizawa stated as he turned his attention to Izuku.  "Midoriya."

Izuku is a bit startled by the sudden call out, but manages to regain his composure quickly.

"You finished at the top of the practical exam, right?"  Aizawa asked Izuku.

Everyone's attention immediately turns to Izuku with faces of admiration and slight shock.  Bakugo's eyes widen at Aizawa's question, immediately turning his attention to Izuku who pays no mind to Katsuki.