Falling in Love With Her

One.

You see her for the first time and she'll walk right past you like you are a crack in the wall and she is a skyscraper with her head so high in the air and when you can't sleep you'll think about the way her eyes strayed into yours for a moment too long before breaking away and disappearing into the crowd of people.

She walks into his classroom, and as soon as he lays his eyes on her, he automatically knows that it is going to be an extremely long year. She pays no attention to him as she chats with her friends and finds an empty seat, but there is no doubt that he's paying attention to her. She has long blonde loose curls and hazel eyes, and the last thing that he is paying attention to is the fact that not only is she a teenager, she is his student, and it is inappropriate for him to be attracted to her. But, oh, was he attracted to her.

He learns her name quickly, and out of all of the students in his class, hers is the only one that he makes a point to remember from the get go. He spends the rest of the day and most of the night thinking about her. There is no doubt in his mind that it was wrong, but he can't help but think about her. While he struggles to fall asleep, he replays the short encounter that they had, and the two-hour long one-on-one time that he had had with her, in his head.

After class was over and the bell had rang, the classroom emptied quickly until she was the only one left in the classroom. She found her way over to his desk, and even though his heart was racing, he tried to stay professional. "Can I help you?"

Her voice was shaky as she spoke to him, and he couldn't help but smile a bit. "Do you happen to do after school tutoring or anything like that?"

The butterflies in his stomach got even worse as he realized how perfect this opportunity was. "Well I don't usually, but if you think you need some I am usually available after school."

She nodded. "Okay. Is today okay for you by any chance? I would like to start pretty soon."

"Today is perfect." He smiled at her, and her eyes lingered in his for a few seconds. She smiled back as she walked out of the room, into the hallway full of people, and he let out the breath that he had been holding since she had come up to talk to him.

Throughout the sleepless night, he thinks of nothing but her, of their short interaction. She had barely noticed him, but she was far from unnoticed in his mind.

Two.

She'll look both ways before telling you she loves you under her breath and when she hugs you her eyes scan the empty room as if the walls had eyes and ears and mouths that could give you away.

It's December, and they're head over heels for each other. She's more afraid of getting caught than he is, and while that's completely understandable, he's worried that she's going to get cold feet one of these days and leave him. He can't imagine how rough that would be, and he could live the rest of his life just fine if he didn't have to.

She's met his daughter and she's spent the night with him. They've been intimate, which is more than she had ever been with anyone else. It's the last day of school before Christmas break, and since she's traveling, she's not sure when she's going to see Jon again.

After the last class of the day, he's cleaning up and getting his things together. When he looks up, he sees his beautiful girlfriend walk in the room. He wants so badly to pull her into his arms and kiss her, but he knows how she feels about that when they're at school or in public. She's always worried that the wrong person would see them, and she couldn't risk that. "Hi beautiful." He stands up and walks toward her, running his hands through her hair. She looks up at him, debating the idea of him touching her here, even the most innocent touch, but she allows it. He knows the limits.