01; boba tea

"dear sherlock,college had just started, so i'd be preoccupied with schoolwork, yet i'm still eager to write you additional letters

"dear sherlock,
college had just started, so i'd be preoccupied with schoolwork, yet i'm still eager to write you additional letters. good luck with your studies as well; i'm sure a clever person like you won't find it too difficult; after all, you've always been sherlock.
with genuine gratitude, your watson."

"dear watson,
i'm flattered by your good sentiments, and i realize you're pressed for time. of course, you've always aspired to be a lawyer, and for that i applaud you. i wish you the best of luck on your journey, and remember, i'll always be your biggest supporter. i'd also like to express my appreciation for always being there for me and sending me letters; i'm delighted i found you, watson, my pen pal friend.
sincerely, sherlock."

when you finished reading the letter, a warm grin appeared on your lips. from above, the brilliant morning light shone brightly, and a cool breeze blew through your shape.

you were strolling towards the campus while reading the letter that you had quite recently gotten from the mail.

receiving the letter sent by your pen pal friend was the first thing you did when you awoke.

folding the paper and returning it to the envelope as you entered the campus. already anticipating a friend slinging his arm around your shoulders and flashing a foolish grin.

"good day, y/n, was that one more letter from your lover? with that grin of yours, it's evident." childe addressed, pulling you nearer to him and your grin vanished in an instant.

"it's a friend, not a lover. also, can you let go of me? people are staring at us," you replied, glaring at the other students who were gazing, prompting them to hastily turn away.

surprisingly, childe ultimately obeyed. you started heading to your classroom right away, getting a grimace from childe before he followed behind you.

finally, you located your classroom as you walked along through the multiple corridors, your eyes fixed on the templates above the doors.

just as you slid open the door, an abrupt figure out of nowhere slammed into you, thumping you off your feet while childe wheezed in shock by the side.

your body tumbled to the ground, and you let out a groan when you felt a sudden weight from that 'someone', the impact striking you like a ton of bricks.

a pair of olive-green eyes gazed at your e/c-ones. briefly, he was staring at you, then, at that point, abruptly he saw his boba tea spilled on the ground close to you.

"my boba tea!" cried heizou, leaping off you and sprinting to his destroyed boba tea.

you just lay there on the ground, a slew of ideas racing through your head, until childe came to your rescue, assisting you to your feet and directing a scowl at heizou.

"be more careful, you could've gotten her hurt."

"it doesn't matter, she wasted my boba tea!" heizou exclaimed, sulking on the ground and the two friends deadpanned at this. meanwhile, the other students continued to go by, unconcerned with the three's situation.

just as you were about to say anything, the professor appeared out of nowhere and observed the mess on the floor. with such a solemn tone, he looked at the two of you. "what uproar have you two caused? you're both are grownups now, don't attend to my period."

a moment of stillness fell over them as the professor entered the room, leaving the two young adults alone. your e/c eyes widened as heizou scowled at you as if he didn't mind that he wouldn't be able to attend his first lesson.

then it dawned on you, 'both?' you turn to where childe was meant to be standing, only to find him gone, and presume he left the two of you together when he saw the professor approaching.

heizou eventually spoke out as the e/c-eyed girl was going to curse. he pointed at her and said, "you're going to have to purchase me another boba tea for me." y/n looked bewildered.

"why would i?" you snarled, crossing both arms. "you were the one who bumped into me, moron." heizou clearly ignored your statement when he moved closer to your figure.

when he tugged your arm and began pulling you, your eyebrows wrinkled in confusion. "wait a minute-!"

as the two sat on the bench, he joyfully sipped his boba tea

as the two sat on the bench, he joyfully sipped his boba tea. y/n began sulking since she was on the verge of going broke after purchasing him a very expensive drink. which was ludicrous and it needed to cost 10k mora.

"you'll need to repay me my cash." you started, with your attention staying on your wallet. "i have no reason to," heizou shrugged both shoulders, "you wouldn't have to spend your money if you hadn't run into me."

another moment of silence had passed, and you were at a loss for words, so you swiftly scowled at him, which he didn't seem to mind at all.

"go fuck yourself," you stated, breathing angrily as you rose from the bench.

"in front of you?" he replied hastily before drinking from the straw once again.

you rolled your eyes at him and lifted your middle finger at him prior to starting to leave, making a beeline for the library to get to clear your thoughts.

meanwhile, heizou grinned quietly to himself, the h/c-haired female piqued his curiosity and he knew they'd get along very well.

which was clearly incorrect.

END OF CHAPTER 01

chapter written: may 19 2022