I'd lie (GaRille)

Technical writing class, 4:07 p.m., Friday.

“So, any questions?” Ms. Johanna asked, fixing her stuffs.

“None.” We said, as usual. Every time a teacher asks us that, we always answer them with it. I wonder when it will change.

“Okay, so I’ll be leaving. Have a happy weekend. Bye bye, guys.” Ms. Johanna said as she stood from her seat, leaving the room with a smile.

We stood up and said, “Good bye and thank you, Ms. Johanna.”

So yeah, no classes for two days. A good chance for playing my favorite online game. I’m sure my eye bugs will grow bigger, but who cares? It’s my life and body anyway.

I stood up and fixed my stuffs into my bag. I carried all my books to my locker so that I won’t carry something heavy by Monday morning. As I gear up with my baggy, a certain classmate bumped into my back.

“Crap. What the hell are you doing?” I groaned. I hate it whenever people bump into me.

“Sorry, Dylan pushed me.” He said, giving me a small smile, and a look that says ‘I-didn’t-mean-to-bump-into-you’.

I sighed and smiled back, “Fine. But please, be careful by next time, Vin. And same goes to you too, Dylan.”

The two nodded and left the classroom leaving only me, Natalie, and the others in charged for cleaning the classroom.

I walked towards Natalie who looks quite busy with some stuffs involving Biology.

“What’s up with that?” I asked as I look at the paper thing.

“This? Oh, it’s nothing. It’s just that I’m not yet finished writing the activity for Monday since Ms. Johnson asked me to write the stuffs on the white board.” She answered, quite problematic.

“Then let me help you.” I said, offering myself for a help.

“Nah, just give me a sec. I’ll finish it right away.” She said, writing in a fast manner.

“Okay then.” I said as I smile. I walked through the door and stood by the window.

As I look through it, I can see Gavin alone, walking home.

After a minute or two, someone tapped my back. I looked back and saw Natalie standing behind me.

“Yo, let’s go.” She said, smiling.

I smiled back and said, “Sure.”

The two of us blabbed about stuff while going downstairs then we suddenly heard some footsteps.

Natalie stopped walking and gave me a look that says ‘shhh.’

I stopped and felt like the footsteps are coming closer.

“Ellie... Xy...” I heard someone say.

Natalie looked at me with her eyes widened and asked, “Did you hear that?” in a voice that somewhat breaks.

I nodded and looked up.

“Ellie…” I heard once again. Now the voice and the footsteps seem nearer.

“I think I know that voice.” Natalie said, crossing her arms and shaking her head.

Well, all I can say is that the voice sounds familiar. Seems like a girl’s voice but whom?

“The Ripened mango.” Natalie said in a matter-of-fact tone.

We stopped for a while and waited for Andy or the so-called, ripened mango, as what Natalie guessed.