Life as a CIA agent

Sitting in the same room for hours on end, talking about the same topic, trying to follow along when you have other things on your mind. Working as a CIA agent is one of the things that I thought I would never do. Running from people that you don’t know. Acting only on what you have read.

My name is Tenisha.  I work undercover for months at a time.  Talking to people who don’t know you. Acting like a drug dealer. These are the kind of things that you have to do. The bad thing about all this is no one but you and your company can know where you are going and what you are doing. Your family can’t know so they worry about you. The only thing that you can say is “I have to go away for a little while, but I will call you every night.”

          When you do call them they are crying, and telling you that they want you to come back home and that they want you to tuck them in. Knowing that you can’t hurts, but at the same time you know that you’re doing something good.

          Just getting back from a case is one of the greatest feelings in the world. I walk through the door and my daughter, son and husband are there to give me hugs. The night that I get home is always hectic. I walk through the door, talk for hours, and go out to eat come home and go to bed.

The first night home, I get a call in the middle of the night and it is my supervisor. He is telling me that I am the only one who can cover this case, that I am the only one who hasn’t blown their cover. At this point my husband is awake and is very upset. He is telling me not to take this case because I just got home and he wants to spend time with me. I look at him and say “I have to take this case I am the only one who hasn’t blown their cover.”

 At this point I have to make a decision. Between what my husband wants and what I know I have to do. I look at my husband and I tell him that I have to take this case, if not I could lose my job. He look like he is going to tell me no, then he says “If this is what you need to do go for it, do what you can to help.”

          The next thing I know I’m on my way to my office. On my way there I was thinking to myself “What if I blow my cover will I lose my job, will I get another chance?” By the time I got to my office my supervisor was already on the phone talking to the head chief about getting me rooms in different hotels. I didn’t know what kind of mission this was. I didn’t know if it would be dangerous or easy. But why would they want to put me in many different rooms, in different hotels?

          While talking to my supervisor I find out that I’m going to another country. I tell him that I can’t. I have no passport and I have never been out of the country. I tell him that I won’t be able to call my family and I promised them that I would every night. What can you do to help me? He looks at me and says “I will pay for your long distance phone calls.”

          While sitting in the meeting finding out what I need to do, I hear someone say “I have a bad feeling about this mission.” I look to my supervision and ask “Am I the only one who is going to be working on this mission?” His response was “No, you will need someone to have your back, which is why I am sending a new agent with you.” The only thing I could think of is this personblowing my cover.

 Now knowing that I have to find one of the biggest drug factories in the world, I can say that this mission is going to be dangerous. I call my husband and tell him that I have to go out of the country and that I might not be able to call every night.  He tells me that it’s okay. That he still loves me and will look forward to my calls.

          Once I was on the plane I felt sick. I was leaving my family to depend on one person. Even though we have been married for 7 years I still have trust issues. I don’t like to work with other people because of my trust issues. I don’t know if they are really working with me or against me. I don’t know if they are going to kill me.